Options

Is there a way to move galleries?

marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
edited July 13, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Currently I have my sports photos all in the sports category and in their respective sub-categories (womens basketball, mens soccer, etc). I want to move all these subcategories/photos to a new category called Davidson Sports 2004-2005. What's the easiest and quickest way to do this? I want to be able to start a new set of sub-categories for the next season is why I want to do this.
Thanks,
Richard

Comments

• Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    Currently I have my sports photos all in the sports category and in their respective sub-categories (womens basketball, mens soccer, etc). I want to move all these subcategories/photos to a new category called Davidson Sports 2004-2005. What's the easiest and quickest way to do this? I want to be able to start a new set of sub-categories for the next season is why I want to do this.
    Thanks,
    Richard
    Create the category then simply customize the gallery to be in that category instead of the one that it is in. Put it into the sub-category you want and rename the gallery and you should be set (if I understand what you want to do correctly that is).
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    But I also want to quickly and easily move all the photos.
    Richard
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Richard
    You don't have to move the photos if you're going from one category and/or subcategory to another category and/or subcategory, you simply have to change the category name. Now, if you want to combine galleries or move pictures from one gallery to another, then you will have to delete the photos and/or the gallery and re-upload the photos in the appropriate location.

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 13, 2005
    Richard

Below a photo, in Photo Tools, is a "Move Photos" option. You can easily move one or as many photos as you like to another gallery.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    Below a photo, in Photo Tools, is a "Move Photos" option. You can easily move one or as many photos as you like to another gallery.
    I stand happily corrected. thumb.gif