Options

Gravel Haulers Protesting

InvectiveInvective Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited July 13, 2005 in Holy Macro
I live in Edmonton, AB. The gas prices have been rising and rising. It has caused the Gravel Haulers to go on strike. Luckily for me, it was right by my house! So I went and snapped a few photos. There was even a man there standing in front of one of the trucks, not letting them through becuase he was disturbing the neighbourhood. Meh.

P1060483.jpg

P1060485.jpg

P1060490.jpg

P1060492.jpg

P1060493.jpg

P1060504.jpg

P1060510.jpg

P1060516.jpg

P1060479.jpg

P1060500.jpg

I wasn't too sure what forum to put this into, if it needs to be moved, please don't hesitate!
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    Hi Invective,
    I like the defiant stance in #3. Not sure if he is brave or just stupid. Nice set for current affairs. Why are they striking? I'd assume they would adjust rates that reflect gas prices like the airlines do. Maybe I assume too muchne_nau.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    I like the defiant stance in #3. Not sure if he is brave or just stupid. Nice set for current affairs. Why are they striking? I'd assume they would adjust rates that reflect gas prices like the airlines do. Maybe I assume too muchne_nau.gif.

Thanks for sharing,
    Chris
    Because of potential storms in Mexico, there is a "possibility" that there could be a shortage of oil due to lack of work, so they have risen the cost of it to cover prices. For something that hasn't even HEPPENED YET. I don't really understand. I wish they would just adjust the price, but I know they won't. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2005
    Nice set of shots Invective, and poignant story of the truckers plight. You'd think with all the oil out there this wouldn't be an issue...headscratch.gif

Oh and someone please give that guy blocking the trucks some fashion tips, yikes!

Good set. thumb.gif

AJ
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2005
    MuskyDude wrote:
    Nice set of shots Invective, and poignant story of the truckers plight. You'd think with all the oil out there this wouldn't be an issue...headscratch.gif

Oh and someone please give that guy blocking the trucks some fashion tips, yikes!

Good set. thumb.gif

AJ
    So true! We have so much oil in Alberta... it confuses me too ne_nau.gif

And the socks and sandles... you don't have to tell me Laughing.gif