Suggestions for All in one printer for new iMac

MarleneMarlene Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited March 6, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
Only used HP or Epson for household needs. Looking at Canon mx870 released in Feb. Need it to copy/scan/wifi and some fax capabilities. Looking at Epson Artisan 810 or HP Photosmart Premium (? which one?). Any suggestions?
:D marlene frankel

A Slice of Life

Comments

• GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    If you're not looking for a photo-quality printer, I picked up a Brother (can't remember the model name), less expensive than HP or Canon and it got great reviews. When I asked my friends who support this type of stuff, they all said Brother makes the best MFP in the low price range.

Been using it to print/scan for a few months now with no problems. Even has a wireless card in it (but I have it connected via a wire).
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2010
    Marlene wrote:
    Need it to copy/scan/wifi and some fax capabilities. Looking at Epson Artisan 810 or HP Photosmart Premium (? which one?). Any suggestions?

You said copy, scan, wifi, and fax. You didn't say print, and you didn't say print photos, unless that was assumed because we're on a photo forum. The reason I bring that up is that if photo printing isn't a priority because you've got that covered, maybe you don't need the expensive Artisan.

When I was shopping, I already had a big photo pigment printer, so I didn't need that. I was interested in an all-in-one like the Artisan 810 when they were on sale nationally a few months back, then noticed the Workforce 610 next to it at the store. The difference is the Workforce is not as good a photo printer, but can take a larger black ink tank for text documents which is what I wanted it for. During the sale the Workforce was $129...sold*. I've been happy with it, and I love that you can just plug it into your Ethernet router and any of your networked computers can then print to it directly without a print server.

*I see that now $129.99 is the regular price at Amazon