Options

3D Slideshow Montage (impossible?)

GrinderGrinder Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited March 8, 2010 in Weddings
Hi everyone,

I see people posting their Animoto version slideshows, so I thought I would join in and show our answer to what a slideshow could be!

http://www.vki-party.com/photomontage.html

There are plenty of samples of different type of things we do from various After Effect / 3D MAX / Maya 3D Applications.

Unfortunatly, there is no magic wand to produce these, they are hand made and custom built one element at a time.

Make sure you get to see the Incredible Talking Montage too (impossible, yet there it is!)

btw, I have been working on a ton of wedding fusion films, and some fashion shows that I will be posting in the next few weeks.
Grinder
Cinematographer
www.vki-party.com

2 - 5D Mark II
2 - 24mm-105mm f/4
Canon 70mm-200mm f/2.8 IS L
Tamron 28mm-300mm f/3.5 / 6.3 XR Di
Canon 16mm-35mm f/2.8
Custom Rig
SteadiCam / Rails / Jibs
available for global travel

Comments

• Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I like that. How long does it take to make to certain slideshows like those?
  • Options
    GrinderGrinder Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    mr peas wrote:
    I like that. How long does it take to make to certain slideshows like those?

that one took a day, but we are used to doing them, we have our techniques worked out etc, so trying to do that your first time could take weeks depending on your after effect skills and abilities.

most take 2 days, one do of cuting out photos and compositing, the next putting it together and tweaking it, then making some final changes IF the client has comments, but the trick and to keep the cost down, we do need everything organized going into the project. ie, no adding and changing photos along the way - get it all together then send them to us is what we ask of the client.

Normal turn around ia a month since we get backed up at times.

We charge the clients $40 per photo and more if the animation is compounded and complex (like a special request of doing something to a particular photo - we do work with photographers on these too and offer a discount to they can make some money too.
    Grinder
    Cinematographer
    www.vki-party.com

2 - 5D Mark II
    2 - 24mm-105mm f/4
    Canon 70mm-200mm f/2.8 IS L
    Tamron 28mm-300mm f/3.5 / 6.3 XR Di
    Canon 16mm-35mm f/2.8
    Custom Rig
    SteadiCam / Rails / Jibs
    available for global travel