SmugRoom Tools

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
SmugRoom Tools is a growing collection of "useful tools for SmugMug users".

The latest addition is the new and improved SmugRoom Hidden Image Utility. It allows a SmugMug account holder to quickly see all images they have flagged as hidden anywhere in their account. Then, images can be selected for deletion or made visible again by turning off the hidden flag.

805492878_MPHjB-M.jpg

Other tools available are:
  • Gallery List - Gallery List is a tool that will list either public galleries or all galleries (public, unlisted, password protected -- requires account owner login) in several different formats, including HTML, CSV and XML. Gallery List can be used to automatically build index pages or a sitemap of your galleries or for many other purposes.
  • Image List URL Generator - Image List URL Generator is a tool that will generate HTML links to images in a gallery. These links can then be used in blog entries, web pages or even Facebook status updates.
  • Hidden Image List - This is the original text based tool that will list all hidden images in the account broken out by category, sub-category and gallery. A direct link to the hidden image allows the account holder to modify the image settings at SmugMug. This tool has been replaced by the Hidden Image Utility, however it will remain available for those who want a text based list of their hidden images.
More tools are in the works as well as enhancements to the existing tools. Please feel free to share your ideas for future tools you would like to see at SmugRoom. I would also love to hear your questions/comments/feedback regarding current tools (i.e. ideas you have to make them better or to inform us of issues you may have encountered while using our tools).
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Bill - Looks great!

Just a few suggestions for a future version.

(a) Clear button(s) to pause, continue, and/or stop the scanning. That would be useful for those with extensive numbers of galleries.

(b) Ability to scan in the background so that the person can delete hidden images at the same time (or at least during the pause).
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    Nice ideas David. I've got some other enhancements that I want to add too and I will look at you ideas while I'm at it.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • LesLes Registered Users Posts: 76 Big grins
    edited February 10, 2011
    Changed Gallery Name
    What can I do to ensure that an old link no longer works for a particular gallery? Subtle changes in the gallery name does not appear to work.
  • markderrymarkderry Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2012
    Hey BeachBill,

Just wondering if SmugRoom Tools is gone?
    edited December 7, 2012
    Hi Mark,

It looks like the domain has expired. Fixing that now.
  • markderrymarkderry Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited December 9, 2012
    Thanks so much for the quick response! Great tools by the way!

Just wondering if SmugRoom Tools is still functional!! I was trying it and it doesn't seem to be working.

If not, is there an alternative tool to get the same results?

Thanks,
    Chris