Options

Rainy day wedding in Yosemite

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited March 11, 2010 in Weddings
So the weather could have been better, heck I was hoping for snow! It rained all day on us but we still had a blast together and got some killer photos. More on my blog...

kathleen_stephen-10.jpg

kathleen_stephen-8.jpg

kathleen_stephen-9.jpg

kathleen_stephen-16.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    That first one is some kind of cool! Really like 3 and 4 as well. thumb.gif
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Ooh, I am in love with #2. Killer mood, processing and light. It is just so romantic!
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2010
    Did you stand in the rain to get the first one?

iloveyou.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited February 27, 2010
    Thats everyone! And yes Ted, I was standing in the rain to get #1. Actually, I was standing in the rain for just about all of these (with the exception of #3). It was a very wet day, I had been hoping for snow but it was just too warm.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2010
    I have seen 1 done before much better so that is probably skewing my view of your version. It is a good idea, keep working on that one.

2 looks a little dull and his shadow is on her face.

3 I like, if it were mine I would crop 1/3 off the top.
    Looks like the light source must have been cloned out.
    This is my favorite of the set.

4 is an interesting shot. What makes a shot is the background and this one doesn't add much, in my opinion. I like the silhouette.

Some nice creativity shown in these shots.
    I hope you don't take my feedback as being excessively critical.
    I have seen some great work from you so am just trying to help out.
  • Options
    photorelivephotorelive Banned Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    wow , the last 2 photos looks awesome ,
    great job
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2010
    The first one is just something special, it's so unique!
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    Awesome!!!! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2010
    Thanks again everyone. Your points are well noted Zoomer and I appreciate them - I have mixed feelings about #2, as you picked up on the shadow. It's not a deal breaker for me and adds a bit of mystery, but I think it would be better without the shadow. In #3 the lights was not cloned out, it's in the dark side of the tunnel and flagged to not bounce back light. In #1 I wish it was all "centered" with the lights and the line in the road, but it wasn't lined up perfectly. Also, I wanted to use my 85L wide open, but the focusing on the lens was broken... back to CPS.
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    This is the ultimate Lemonade shoot - the weather handed you lemons, and you knocked 'em out of the park.

I've seen so many weddings take place on rainy days, and most photographers do nothing more than find an indoor place that they can shoot with flash for their portraits. But you used the weather you had creatively and managed to capture some beautiful images that will be all the more memorable for the happy couple. Bravo!
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    This is the ultimate Lemonade shoot - the weather handed you lemons, and you knocked 'em out of the park.

Will, the ultimate key to this day was that the bride and the groom were willing, without them this would not have happened. I imagine that most of the time people stay indoors on rainy days because of the bride and groom (and pending reception). They were in love and embracing the weather, something that I know doesn't happen every day, so I HAD to take advantage of it! After all, isn't this gear supposed to be weatherproof?

Thanks!