Options

Would these be worth it?

ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
edited March 11, 2010 in Weddings
I've found two pieces of gear for this season for sale by a serious photog whose health has declined to the point that they can't use it. I'm really tempted to take them off his hands, but really wanted to get some more input before I made the jump.

Canon 2X EF II (Retails on B&H for $308, Priced for me at negotiable $195)
Canon 50mm f/1.4 (Retails for B&H for $349, Priced for me at negotiable $255)

So, what do you guys think based on the gear in my siggy? I'm also looking at a Manfrotto carbon fiber from the same person, but don't have an MSRP on it to get a reference point for the price or even what the specs of it are.
Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    I've found two pieces of gear for this season for sale by a serious photog whose health has declined to the point that they can't use it. I'm really tempted to take them off his hands, but really wanted to get some more input before I made the jump.

Canon 2X EF II (Retails on B&H for $308, Priced for me at negotiable $195)
    Canon 50mm f/1.4 (Retails for B&H for $349, Priced for me at negotiable $255)

So, what do you guys think based on the gear in my siggy? I'm also looking at a Manfrotto carbon fiber from the same person, but don't have an MSRP on it to get a reference point for the price or even what the specs of it are.

The 50mm 1.4 is definitely worth it, it is much better than the 1.8.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm going to get the 50mm 1.4 tonight. It's coming with the lens hood & a lens bag plus I was able to get her down to $240. I would have tried for lower, but I'm pretty pleased with that price alone. Whoopie! wings.gif
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif

me 3.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I haven't used the extender, but I can't really imagine using/needing it for weddings on a regular basis. The 50 1.4 is a great tool (much better dollar for dollar than the 50 1.2) and that is a fair price for it. On a crop, it can be a great portrait lens.