Options

LAB curves adjustment

twstws Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited March 11, 2010 in Finishing School
greetings from a photoshop plebian.

I've recently acquired Dan Margulis' book photoshop lab color and i'm stuck on the first example in chapter 1.

no where can i find a way to reverse the orientation of lightness in the CS4 LAB curves adjustment box. the default is lightness on the right however Dan's book uses lightness on the left which is the default for CMYK and grayscale images.

thank you for any input and your patience with a beginner.

below is an image of the CS4 LAB curves adjustment box.

LABcurves.jpg

tws - a speck in a ruthless cybersea

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 11, 2010
    Hi tws and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Switch the radio button below the curve to show the amount of pigment.

The LAB book has been discussed here chapter by chapter. Check out this link to get started.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Hi tws and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif. Switch the radio button below the curve to show the amount of pigment.

The LAB book has been discussed here chapter by chapter. Check out this link to get started.

thanks Richard, but i still don't get it... when i try and click on the dark or light button at either end of the bottom of the curve it will not accept a different value it either moves the curve or gives me an interger value error msg. in earlier versions of photoshop you merely clicked on the middle arrow thingy to switch...

so far no luck.

tws
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited March 11, 2010
    tws wrote:
    thanks Richard, but i still don't get it... when i try and click on the dark or light button at either end of the bottom of the curve it will not accept a different value it either moves the curve or gives me an interger value error msg. in earlier versions of photoshop you merely clicked on the middle arrow thingy to switch...

so far no luck.

tws

Look further down, in the Curve Display Options.
  • Options
    edited March 11, 2010
    Richard wrote:
    Look further down, in the Curve Display Options.

GOT IT!

thanks

tws