Options

Posting pictures

topcat374topcat374 Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
edited March 13, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi,

I don't yet have any sort of online portfolio so would like to attach any photos I post rather than embed them (do I have my terminology right here?!). What's the best way of reducing them to a reasonable size whilst not losing too much of the original quality? I have PS elements...:dunno

Thanks in advance:)
More practice needed but learning all the time!:rofl

Nikon D50, 18mm-55mm, 55mm-200mm, 50mm f/1.8, SB800, LowePro Slingshot 200AW and other bits!

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2010
    Tutorials on attaching photos on DGrin: http://dgrin.smugmug.com/Tutorials/Digital-Grin

Also, do a Google search on resizing photos using Elements. There are a lot of them out there. Here is one example.

Just remember, attaching images to DGrin has a few limitations on file sizes:
    screenshot.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2010
    Thanks for this David. I had found the DGrin tutorial but it only seems to refer to embedding an image via its URL which my pictures do not have as they are not online as yet. I've followed the 'Googled' tutorial though and there are a couple of things I wasn't doing when re-sizing an image so hopefully this will make the difference. Thanks again. thumb.gif

Nikon D50, 18mm-55mm, 55mm-200mm, 50mm f/1.8, SB800, LowePro Slingshot 200AW and other bits!
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2010
    topcat374 wrote:
    Thanks for this David. I had found the DGrin tutorial but it only seems to refer to embedding an image via its URL..
    Click the link I gave and look at the fourth tutorial - it's for attaching images to posts.
  • Options
    edited February 20, 2010
    RogersDA wrote:
    Click the link I gave and look at the fourth tutorial - it's for attaching images to posts.

Okay - now I feel stupid!rolleyes1.gif I really should learn to scroll down!!! Thanks again - this answers my question perfectly:D

• Options
    edited February 20, 2010
    After reading the tutorial, I've decided to get an online space started and embed instead. Thanks for your help RogersDA.thumb.gif

• Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2010
    Learning to post
    Lets see if I got this[IMG][/img]796433438_DwJUY-S-4.jpgI did it yea for me. Now can someone explain how I leave this forum and go to my site to get the link.I picked this pic prior so i could try it but if i want to put one in on a particular subject i would need to go get it somehow without losing my spot. I HAVE THINGS FIGURED OUT NOW THANKS RICHARD.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com