Options

"I hear it in the deep heart's cord" - MC7

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited March 17, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Evening all.
I took the last line from the poem and got this. (EDIT--mmm maybe the title won't work for the first shot, since it's beat not cord in the shot). Maybe "Dreaming of Innisfree" could work for all shots--is a triptych possible for the mega?

no reshoot possible--but I can work on the processing. I was going for a dreamy look.

The other two are alternative images--again dreamy look.

811246569_pdiUt-XL-3.jpg

811266552_kdSQP-XL.jpg

810364098_CWiGS-XL-1.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    As far as I know, the standard rules of the Challenges apply to the Megas as well -- 1 px border in Tryptychs, no borders, etc.

Of the three, #1 is the strongest.
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    I agree with Mark...#1 is strongest. For me, I'd like to see just the center a bit less soft....as if it were shot with a soft spot filter.

I really like where this is going.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    MarkR wrote:
    As far as I know, the standard rules of the Challenges apply to the Megas as well -- 1 px border in Tryptychs, no borders, etc.

Of the three, #1 is the strongest.

Thank you Mark for the info.
    I think I'll go with the one strongish image instead, lol, if I can't find a better subject.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    I agree with Mark...#1 is strongest. For me, I'd like to see just the center a bit less soft....as if it were shot with a soft spot filter.

I really like where this is going.

Chris

Thank you Chris--I will rework the image.
    Why oh why didn't I save the image after I cloned everyone out of the background and before I applied more soft focus!!!

Looks like I'll be recloning--all the while keeping my eye open for another possible entry.

Thanks for commenting.

Thanks Brian also.

Kerry is really pushing us no? She wants to go out with a final butt-kicking!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    StueveShotsStueveShots Registered Users Posts: 544 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with the others...just so that you feel free to play with another picture! #2 is the one that really resonated with me...I like the sense of rhythm, repetition and movement. I, too, however, would like it to be a little less hazy. (Not much though!)

I have really enjoyed looking at your photos as I've been lurking around here the past few months. Very creative, very thoughtful.
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2010
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with the others...just so that you feel free to play with another picture! #2 is the one that really resonated with me...I like the sense of rhythm, repetition and movement. I, too, however, would like it to be a little less hazy. (Not much though!)

I have really enjoyed looking at your photos as I've been lurking around here the past few months. Very creative, very thoughtful.

Very nice:)

I will re-process both.

Thank you for the very nice comment.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    For me, #2 then #1.