Options

Photoshop CS4

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited March 17, 2010 in Finishing School
I have changed computers from Windows XP to Windows 7 and I have just purchased a copy of CS4 and after installation I have found a problem which I never used to have. I always shoot raw and when I put a photo size 3888 into CS4 it opens perfectly in ACR. I then go into photoshop and resize it to say 1500 or 1024 and save it. If for instance I decided to put the same image into CS4 again it will not open in ACR it opens directly into photoshop. I also have CS3 installed on this computer and I don't have this problem.
I have looked into Preferences and File Handling and File Compatibility in CS4 and I see the check boxes are not the same as CS3.
Quite clearly something somewhere needs checking or unchecking in order that all images will open in ACR irrespective of the image size. I hope I have explained this clear enough for someone to provide a quick solution.
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    EOS_JDEOS_JD Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    canon400d wrote:
    I have changed computers from Windows XP to Windows 7 and I have just purchased a copy of CS4 and after installation I have found a problem which I never used to have. I always shoot raw and when I put a photo size 3888 into CS4 it opens perfectly in ACR. I then go into photoshop and resize it to say 1500 or 1024 and save it. If for instance I decided to put the same image into CS4 again it will not open in ACR it opens directly into photoshop. I also have CS3 installed on this computer and I don't have this problem.
    I have looked into Preferences and File Handling and File Compatibility in CS4 and I see the check boxes are not the same as CS3.
    Quite clearly something somewhere needs checking or unchecking in order that all images will open in ACR irrespective of the image size. I hope I have explained this clear enough for someone to provide a quick solution.
    Regards
    Bob

I use Bridge. Select the file and press "Control R" to open the image in ACR.

But you can indeed use Ps.

Go to Edit->Preferences->Camera Raw and in the bottom section select Automatically open all supported JPEGs/TIFFs
  • Options
    canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    EOS_JD wrote:
    I use Bridge. Select the file and press "Control R" to open the image in ACR.

But you can indeed use Ps.

Go to Edit->Preferences->Camera Raw and in the bottom section select Automatically open all supported JPEGs/TIFFs

Yesssss thanks for that EOS you have solved my problem which I truly appreciate.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    EOS_JDEOS_JD Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    canon400d wrote:
    Yesssss thanks for that EOS you have solved my problem which I truly appreciate.
    Regards
    Bob

No worries :) It's actually all there in the help files :)