Options

Which Lens to Get?

ScootersbabygirlScootersbabygirl Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
edited March 17, 2010 in Weddings
I'm trying to get some new gear for wedding season - keep in mind that I'm still a beginner, and yes, my clients know this and I'm charging appropriately. It was suggested to me by another DGrinner that I ask you experts here on the wedding forum which lens you think would be a better option for me.

I'm looking at either the Tamron 17-50mm or the Tamron 28-75mm - which do you think is a better option? Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Comments

• Options
    jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    I love my tamron 17-50 2.8
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    As having used the 28-70 for years in film and it was great then having moved to digital (crop body)....I find the 28/24-70 not wide enuff on the wide end.....might I suggest a Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 ....... I do not find not having a constant aperture a problem at all......I very seldom ever shoot wide open as I am more concerned with sharpness over the complete subject especially in weddings ...... I do have some fast constant glass if I feel I really need it.........but a stop or stop and half has never in over 25 yrs been a problem that I cannot work with...........I can see Sigma making the 17-70 an f2.8 or 3.5 constant aperture in the very near future.........I may be trading my Nikkor 18-70 for the Sigma 17-70 in the very near future............................
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website