Options

Some wine tasting and some engaging: Jeremy and Genevieve

Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited March 18, 2010 in Weddings
My college pal and fiancee entertained my idea at shooting at Amalthea winery in Atco, NJ. During the break from the crazy torrential rain storm.

The wine tasting was awesome, four courses with 8 vintages per.. I mean the esession was awesome. :D

Some images:
812160474_FYqrU-L.jpg
812160486_nQJ5x-L.jpg
812160369_KDSUM-L.jpg
812164551_rnrCx-L.jpg
812164400_BA5yh-L.jpg
812164059_p6F9A-L.jpg
812163872_pAiJA-L.jpg
812163784_MTzfi-L.jpg
812162454_y2zMc-L.jpg
812162022_Y3LZr-L.jpg
812161597_tYg2b-L.jpg
812160554_dpi8n-L.jpg

More on the blog! Thanks for looking!
Food & Culture.
www.tednghiem.com

Comments

• Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    4,7,9,12 big winners!

Could you do a little skin smoothing on #12 - its a nice shot?

Did it rain enough on Saturday? I am surprised you even ventured outside!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2010
    We went on Sunday morning when there was a good long pause in the rain.

Thanks for checking it out! :)
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Great series! I absolutely love 1B and 2A. 1A isn't doing it for me because they look kind of awkward in the composition. With the dramatic lighting and the position of their heads and hands, it kind of looks like he's forcing his attentions on her. (Here comes my emoticons) eek7.gifhuh

She reminds me of Claire Danes, Gwyneth Paltrow and Bridget Fonda, btw. I kept thinking, she looks so familiar.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Guess Im going against popular opinion, but other than #3.....none of them really do anything special for me.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2010
    marikris wrote:
    Great series! I absolutely love 1B and 2A. 1A isn't doing it for me because they look kind of awkward in the composition. With the dramatic lighting and the position of their heads and hands, it kind of looks like he's forcing his attentions on her. (Here comes my emoticons) eek7.gifhuh

She reminds me of Claire Danes, Gwyneth Paltrow and Bridget Fonda, btw. I kept thinking, she looks so familiar.

Hmm... good point.

Thanks for the comments, Marikris & Jeff. :)
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Well my favs are 8 & 9.
    8, because of all those beautiful textures, and abstract feel and 9 cause of the the fun framing, even though it is a bit centered.
    Looks like you had fun, wine or no wine! :D
  • Options
    TayTay Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    I just love 1, 2, and 7 :) what a beautiful setting and theme, I adore it!

3 is cute, but her hand looks very weird to me, almost deformed or something. I assume it's just the placing of her fingers?
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    Well my favs are 8 & 9.
    8, because of all those beautiful textures, and abstract feel and 9 cause of the the fun framing, even though it is a bit centered.
    Looks like you had fun, wine or no wine! :D

Yeah it is a bit centered, but there was so much clutter on the sides that I had to make do.

Oh we had wine. :D

@Tay, yeah it is the placing of her fingers. I was turning about to look at my camera to see how much room I had left when I saw that. :)
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Guess Im going against popular opinion, but other than #3.....none of them really do anything special for me.ne_nau.gif

I think you "saw the light" and did some fun stuff with it. I really like how 1 & 2 came out (though the shadows are a *bit* harsh for my taste). I also like #4, ... the winery might be interested in that shot also ... looks pretty cool to me.

I don't care for #6. Her laying on the floor is somewhat wrong to me ne_nau.gif & I'm sure she'd appreciate some skin processing.

8, 9 & 10 are really fun, composition wise. I like the look thumb.gif

Now, the only "problem" I have is actually mostly a style thing, so it's nothing you do wrong, it's just not the way I'd do it. For some reason it looks like you're adding a lot of green to your photos & you darken them also. I don't really know why the green ... green, makes the skin look gray > "dead" (sorry, sounds harsher than I want it to be). ne_nau.gif

But I'd experiment with the color processing a bit more .... as much as it's a style thing, I think especially for engagement & wedding photos you'd want to have something "happier" thumb.gif ... my 2 cents.
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    I think you "saw the light" and did some fun stuff with it. I really like how 1 & 2 came out (though the shadows are a *bit* harsh for my taste). I also like #4, ... the winery might be interested in that shot also ... looks pretty cool to me.

I don't care for #6. Her laying on the floor is somewhat wrong to me ne_nau.gif & I'm sure she'd appreciate some skin processing.

8, 9 & 10 are really fun, composition wise. I like the look thumb.gif

Now, the only "problem" I have is actually mostly a style thing, so it's nothing you do wrong, it's just not the way I'd do it. For some reason it looks like you're adding a lot of green to your photos & you darken them also. I don't really know why the green ... green, makes the skin look gray > "dead" (sorry, sounds harsher than I want it to be). ne_nau.gif

But I'd experiment with the color processing a bit more .... as much as it's a style thing, I think especially for engagement & wedding photos you'd want to have something "happier" thumb.gif ... my 2 cents.

Hmm... some good points, which I appreciate a lot! :) I'll do some tinkering, though they are stoked with them anyway. It will still be fun to experiment some more with them.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    Hmm... some good points, which I appreciate a lot! :) I'll do some tinkering, though they are stoked with them anyway. It will still be fun to experiment some more with them.

Hope you didn't take it the wring way .... again, this is just a style thing .... thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Hope you didn't take it the wring way .... again, this is just a style thing .... thumb.gif

no no no! It'd be good for me to try it out anyway. Get like two versions and see how I can synthesize it!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    no no no! It'd be good for me to try it out anyway. Get like two versions and see how I can synthesize it!

thumb.gifiloveyou.gif