Options

Egypt/Isreal in July

ClixphotoClixphoto Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
Headed to Egypt and Isreal in July. I'm looking for advice on what lenses I should plan on taking. Also would love to hear from anyone with experience there and maybe see examples of work from there.

Comments

• Options
    knapphknapph Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    Post from our November 2009 trip to the Middle East. Our favorite place to shoot was at Petra, Jordan. More pictures here.

We took three bodies (two people shooting) and a point and shoot (Canon G9) for cameras. We try not to change lenses once we go out shooting for the day. For lenses we had 18-55s, 55-200, and 70-300 (Nikons). Except for the 70-300, the lenses were inexpensive but sharp ones (at least at f8). When we needed to go wider, we shot hand held panos. Don't forgot about shooting overhead panos in the churches etc., they have great ceilings. Unless you are going to shoot sunrise, sunset, I would not take a tripod - too crowded everywhere. I recommend taking a good flash though. We did not use the telephotos very often but they were good to have at times. In Egypt, be careful where you point the camera, the police and army do not like their pictures taken. We took shots of everything in Israel.

Lots of good shooting everywhere. Let me know if you have more questions.