Options

Happy Birthday to me!

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited July 26, 2005 in The Big Picture
Wednesday was my birthday, July 13th. My husband got me a Tamron zoom telephoto AF 200-400mm f5.6 LD IF lens. I'm just thrilled. He also got me a couple of Photoshop books, one by Scott Kelby and another one.:D

I didn't see any tubes or teleconverters that will fit this lens, but if anyone knows of one, please let me know. For now, it's a good start. We can't afford those thousand dollar jobs, so this is what we can afford right now. I can "trade up" someday. :wink

I'm thinking of going to the zoo tomorrow to try it out.:photo

Having a barbeque today with the family.:eat :bday :slosh
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    isn't it great to have a spouse who buys you cool stuff like that? clap.gif congrats snappy, what was it, 39?
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    Now THAT'S what I call a nice present! Nice! Congrats and enjoy it all! :photo
  • Options
    Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2005
    Cool, good for you! Happy birthday too. Looking forward to seeing some pics with that new lens...
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2005
    Congratulations Snappy!! clap.gif For your birthday and new lens!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2005
    Happy Birthday Snappells clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif you're husband knows how to buy a girl a gift!!! enjoy it.. can't wait to see the results.1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2005
    Thanks Andy!
    andy wrote:
    isn't it great to have a spouse who buys you cool stuff like that? clap.gif congrats snappy, what was it, 39?
    Yeah, it was 39 again. :D
    It's great to have made it through another year, and great to have a wonderful hubby.

I couldn't get into dgrin all day yesterday. It kept saying it could not connect to the server. Smugmug came up fine. Anyway, sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner.

Thanks again for the good wishes.
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    Cool, good for you! Happy birthday too. Looking forward to seeing some pics with that new lens...
    Thanks Simone and Phill. I'll be taking some shots with that new lens soon.
    I had a great dayl, but I'm tired. May not make the zoo today. But, I may catch some birds around home.
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Happy Birthday Snappells clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif you're husband knows how to buy a girl a gift!!! enjoy it.. can't wait to see the results.1drink.gif
    Thanks for the good wishes Nir and Lynn. My daughter gave me some cool lighting stuff and some advise on my curves shot with pears. So I'm going to work on that some more. This birthday will sure give me a boost in my photography inspiration.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2005
    Snappy, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, for next year!

I had no clue............I don't think.

I sent you an e-mail re not being able to get into dgrin. I did get in for a bit, then I couldn't again.

I know you are excited about that lens, and you already want to have it longer.rolleyes1.gif .

Happy Year to come,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2005
    Happy Birthday Snappy! Isn't it great to have a spouse who knows you that well they can you just the right thing? I bet you will have fun with them!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    Thank You
    Belated Happy Birthday Snapapple, tho I don't think I was here then (maybe just). And a big thankyou, we now have our Smugmug site, and used your code for our join-up. I was seeing a dozen offers until we joined tother day, then yours was the only one I could find, so grabbed it and ran. Thanks again - we are at Sherbrooke Photography but have only put one or two practice images up as yet and haven't sorted putting the site address into the signature but getting there. Then I will try not to be the Flyball Dog bore in the forum.
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    Belated Happy Birthday Snapapple, tho I don't think I was here then (maybe just). And a big thankyou, we now have our Smugmug site, and used your code for our join-up. I was seeing a dozen offers until we joined tother day, then yours was the only one I could find, so grabbed it and ran. Thanks again - we are at Sherbrooke Photography but have only put one or two practice images up as yet and haven't sorted putting the site address into the signature but getting there. Then I will try not to be the Flyball Dog bore in the forum.
    Your welcome possum. Looks like you've got your site off to a good start.