Options

I got published!!...sort of...ok, not really...

RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
edited March 20, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Ok, so not that it is that big of a deal, but a little blurb about me and some pictures I took recently of San Juan Island was written today on a local website dedicated to the San Juan Islands!

I know it doesn't truly count as being "published", but it's still some nice exposure that I wasn't really expecting! Plus it's the first time something like this has happened! I was a LITTLE excited, and wanted to share! :rofl

http://sanjuanupdate.com/2010/03/what-we-look-like/

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 16, 2010
  • Options
    DeeCajunDeeCajun Registered Users Posts: 515 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    well that is exciting.. congrats!clap.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    Congratulations.....Fantastic clap.gifclapclap.gifthumbthumb.gifthumbclap.gifclapthumb.gifthumb
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    woellerdwoellerd Registered Users Posts: 193 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2010
    Big congratulations. Glad you shared with us, and keep it going clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Dave Woeller

My Galleries: DWPhotoworks

My Blog Page: DWPhotoworksblog

Become a fan: DWPhotoworksfan
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    Thanks everyone! Like I said, to most people (especially the pros) it wouldn't be a big deal, but to me it felt big. :ivar

Thanks again!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2010
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Thanks everyone! Like I said, to most people (especially the pros) it wouldn't be a big deal, but to me it felt big. :ivar

Thanks again!

I think for most, that is the ones that are not totally full of themselves or that aren't arrogant, it is always a big deal, pro or no, because:
    1- it means you got noticed for creating quality art work

2- you are still producing quality art work still worthy of being published

so yeah it should always be a big deal........asI see it most of the photogs that are actually employed by a pub do not appreciate the fact that they photos are published....to them it is just a job and it shows in the NON artistic way they shoot......to the average person they oooow and awwww over pics that a lot of are wondering how the hell they got published in the 1st place:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    Angelo wrote:
    it's all good! congrats. thumb.gif

Yeah d00d..that IS published!
    tom wise