Options

Found: 85 f/1.2L Mk II

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited April 7, 2010 in House of Canon
I'm in the market for an 85 1.2L... have the funds and my 85 1.8 is the last of my canon lenses that doesn't have the pretty red ring around it... looking to finally make that leap and complete the holy trinity of primes (since I already have the 35 f/1.4L and 135 f/2L).

Let me know if you have a well cared for one you're looking to get rid of! I've bought and sold on here before so check the feedback forum if you need references.

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2010
    Shima, Ron Cosorrosa has one for sale, maybe PM him and ask about it...??

(not sure if its a MII)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 18, 2010
    Looks like after I get back from my trip that I'm going away on next week, I'll be getting one from John Mueller on here... will get this updated to "found" once we actually complete the transaction after I get back from next weeks trip.
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    So are you selling the 85 1.8?
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2010
    I will once I get the 85 1.2. So you can probably expect to see a FS post on here in another week or two. Not getting the 85 1.2 until after I get back from my week trip in Dallas next week.
  • Options
    ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    Send me a PM when you are ready.
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2010
    Zanotti wrote:
    Send me a PM when you are ready.

You'll be second on my PM list. Jeff from here who I bought the 85 from originally wants me to PM him first, and since it used to be his, he gets first pick at if he wants it back :)
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2010
    Bought one from John Mueller, so found, just sent him payment and it should be here by the end of the week next week iloveyou.gif

I'll start pm'ing a few people about my 85 1.8 after the 1.2 arrives on my doorstep.
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Shima wrote:
    Bought one from John Mueller, so found, just sent him payment and it should be here by the end of the week next week iloveyou.gif

I'll start pm'ing a few people about my 85 1.8 after the 1.2 arrives on my doorstep.

Shima,

Im not in a position to buy it back right now. If Zanotti still wants it...well....he did a favor of mailing me some old small MB Cflash cards awhile back along with a stack of photo magazines...free of charge. Anyway...if he is still interested Ill go ahead and vouch right now for his good intentions in online trading.

Oh....and Zanotti....I can vouch for Shima as well!thumb.gif

You two enjoy the new glass!:D
  • Options
    edited April 5, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Shima,

Im not in a position to buy it back right now. If Zanotti still wants it...well....he did a favor of mailing me some old small MB Cflash cards awhile back along with a stack of photo magazines...free of charge. Anyway...if he is still interested Ill go ahead and vouch right now for his good intentions in online trading.

Oh....and Zanotti....I can vouch for Shima as well!thumb.gif

You two enjoy the new glass!:D

good to know, once UPS fixes their screw up (somehow they are trying to send my lens to Valparaiso, FL instead of Valparaiso, IN despite the packing slip saying Indiana, lol) I should have my new (used) 85 1.2 by Wednesday once they correct shipping :)

Once it's here I'll arrange selling of the 85 1.8 :)
  • Options
    tjstridertjstrider Registered Users Posts: 172 Major grins
    edited April 6, 2010
    I can't believe you are finally getting this monster of a prime Cat! That's awesome, you've been talking about that one forever!

I used to sit next to you while you shot with a Rebel XTi and the 70-200 F/4 non IS... That is so far ago with only 3 years or so of actual time! wow.
    5D2 + 50D | Canon EF-s 10-22mm F/3.5-4.5 USM | 70-200mm f/2.8L | 50mm 1.8, 580EXII
    http://stridephoto.carbonmade.com
  • Options
    edited April 7, 2010
    Once my lens returns from it's vacation to Valparaiso, FL (lol) I'll start messaging those that were interested in my 85 1.8. Probably not til next week at the earliest though since I may be out of town when it arrives.