Options

Show me some good watermarks

ColoradoSkierColoradoSkier Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
edited March 22, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Every once in a while a thread pops up on here wherein people tell a poster that their watermarks are terrible, etc. Just wondering if people want to start a list of good examples of effective, meaningful watermarking. Would love to see links to examples tossed up here.
Chester Bullock
Lakewood, Colorado, USA
My Pictures | My blog
Facebook | Twitter

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    A year or so ago there was/were watermark thread(s) with lots of examples. Not sure how easy to fine them. now. MAybe someone has some bookmarked.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    It is like everything else. It really comes down to each individual person and what they are trying to achieve or prevent with their watermark. Some people use a signature, some are detailed, some are generic, some are hardly visable and others limit how the picture is seen.

I adopted this style after seeing some others using it. Some might not like it for security reasons or other reasons but it works for me.

505893473_i3fSX-L-2.jpg
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    anwmn1 wrote:
    It is like everything else. It really comes down to each individual person and what they are trying to achieve or prevent with their watermark. Some people use a signature, some are detailed, some are generic, some are hardly visable and others limit how the picture is seen.

I adopted this style after seeing some others using it. Some might not like it for security reasons or other reasons but it works for me.

505893473_i3fSX-L-2.jpg
    HOLY CRAP Aaron I'd watermark the heck out of this. It is so beautiful I would want anyone to pay just to see the rest of it. Just kidding of course about the watermark THE PHOTO IS FABULOUS!!bowdown.gif
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com