Options

MC7....contemplating Innisfree

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
edited March 22, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
well an interesting story behind this. I knew that this challenge was a difficult one from the start for me. First....some serious problems at home zapped all the will to want to pick up a camera. Second....I live in Alaska and there is still snow on the ground...nothing that would indicate spring or Ireland at all. Third...was my first idea to compensate for being in Alaska was to take litteral words out of the poem and shoot a macro of a cricket eating honey.

Well....two crickets later (one died of drowning in honey while the other escaped to an unknown location in my house!) I gave up do to the stress of it all.

Meanwhile....on the 15th my hubby came home from Tx and while we were coming home from the airport and the sun was low in the horizon. My dd was driving 75miles and hour and all I had was my point and shoot in my pocket. So I opened the sunroof and shot my first set of images that eventually gave me the backdrop you see in this image. Then yesterday while I was still contemplating the cricket scene while feeding our frogs, I thought maybe I could use the sunset backdrop with an image of a small cabin on the island out on the lake in our backyard. So I grabbed my telephoto lens and snapped a couple before the darkness hit in last night.

Then today as the cricket thing didn't go as planned. I was looking at the images I had on the computer and low and behold....I see a reflection of myself in the screen...holding my chin as I contemplate what to do. Thus I set up and do a self portrait with my cap, scarf and gloves. Thus I am contemplating Innisfree.
814181180_bUZVL-L-1.jpg

Comments