Options

#46 - CC for chosing please

Richard_GRichard_G Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited March 22, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I'm having trouble deciding between these two. The idea being "Springtime in the Q-Tip Garden." I think the 1st is stronger visully but the 2nd looks more like a sprouting plant. Suggestions please!!

814542385_J8UMU-XL.jpg

814654794_SjVgj-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    This is a creative and interesting take on the theme to me. Perhaps the green q-tip might pop more if it was against the contrast of the white q-tips in the background, by maybe changing the angle you are shooting from? It seems a little underexposed? Perhaps if you could get rid of the black background that would help.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    Pat664422 wrote:
    This is a creative and interesting take on the theme to me. Perhaps the green q-tip might pop more if it was against the contrast of the white q-tips in the background, by maybe changing the angle you are shooting from? It seems a little underexposed? Perhaps if you could get rid of the black background that would help.

Thanks very much, I"m having fun with this! One problem in my "field" of q-tips is not that large, but I can certainly give this a try. Which part looks underexposed? I kind of like the values but welcome your thoughts.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    So I tried your suggestion and now have a THIRD image to choose from. Curse you Pat664422! :D

814680261_dzwxM-L.jpg
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    I think the first one works well against the black background. Just my opinion. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    Pat664422 wrote:

BTW, the green is colored chalk and/or food coloring. Very little color enhancement has been done.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    Aspecto5 wrote:
    I think the first one works well against the black background. Just my opinion. :B

Actually, the more I labor over this the more I agree. Thanks.
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2010
    I'd stick with #1 -- direct and to the point.
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2010
    MarkR wrote:
    I'd stick with #1 -- direct and to the point.

Will do, thanks. BTW - Artistador... I love it.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,198 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2010
    I like #1. The only thing I might would have done differently would be to crop a little bit of the greyer q-tips off the bottom.

Love the idea!

Sherry
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2010
    slpollett wrote:
    I like #1. The only thing I might would have done differently would be to crop a little bit of the greyer q-tips off the bottom.

Love the idea!

Sherry

Thanks, it was fun to do.