Marina
www.intruecolors.com
Nikon D700 x2/D300
Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8

Comments

• Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    Only if they throw in a couple of chickens toorolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I might have done it...
    I might have done it for a goldendoodle puppy.. But, I have my own now!
  • Options
    MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2010
    I guess it doesn't hurt to ask!! Laughing.gif
    Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
    Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
    My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
    facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
    :ivar
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2010
    400$ per puppy if it is a pure breed.. its nothing.
    best wishes to the bride.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    AHAHAHAHA!!!!

I love it :)

ETA: Anyone have an iPhone? You could get the job done AND tweet about the ceremony in real time!!! That might even deserve two puppies.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Many people I know could not even afford a ceremony, let alone a big cake, flowers or pro-photography. Hence, I find that message not really funny. Just people trying to make ends meet. Although i do agree that if they have a kennel of purebred dogs, their puppies should go at for double or more.
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Many people I know could not even afford a ceremony, let alone a big cake, flowers or pro-photography. Hence, I find that message not really funny. Just people trying to make ends meet. Although i do agree that if they have a kennel of purebred dogs, their puppies should go at for double or more.

I understand what you mean and am definitely willing (and have) helped out a friend in grad school (read: broke) with virtually free wedding photos for her very modest wedding, so I am sympathetic to that.

The funny part to me is asking someone to DJ and shoot at the same time... seems kinda hard to work all those dials and queue up the music for the bouquet toss while holding a giant camera to your face. Your reward for your mad skills? A little furry friend.

Just cracks me up :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    i'm guessing they are talking about two people.
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    Bartering is a great form of commerce! Never hurts to ask. I had a litter of 11 Sheppard/timber wolf mix that I bartered for everything from a big screen TV to a chainsaw (from a big NW logging company). You never know...
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2010
    I feel really bad for the puppy. But that's just me. More likely these people are backyard breeders and don't give a damn who gets the puppy or what puppy's future would be. Yes, i love dogs, so shoot me!

As for people who "can't even" afford the ceremony, what's the rush? Do these people know how to save money, and then get married?

Have a backyard wedding and have friends do things for you if you can't afford anything, sheesh. Seems like those always have Uncle Bill, Uncle Fred and Aunt Martha handy.
    Leave the puppy alone, and better yet, don't breed. deal.gif

Again, just my 2 cents.
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Yeah, a purebred puppy is little better than a mutt unless the parents are finished, free from hip, eye and other genetic health problems, and from proven healthy lines. Just buying a cupple of purebred dogs and making puppies is not good practice IMO. If she is selling these for $400 their parents are probably not finished or proven in anyway. Pet examples from proven parents are worth 4-500 depending on the breed but just home brewed puppy making is a $200 dog where I come from. People buy them like that though... for me I research many breeders, meet many dogs and buy quality or just go through rescue like I did on my last one and get a dog that needs a home.

That being said, I don't have a problem with her trying to barter.

My $.02
    Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes