Smug Wallet - Iphone App

Comments

• mattwrightmattwright Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    SmugWallet v3.0 approved
    Apple has approved SmugWallet version 3.0, which will be a free update for anyone who has already purchased the app. Included are some highly requested features:

- Updated to work with Smart Galleries and Collected Photos
    - Added option to auto-rotate photos to proper orientation
    - Added ability to zoom photos and download larger size
    - Can now export video to camera roll on supported devices
    - Bug fix: No longer crashes on download of very large videos
    - Many minor bug fixes and improvements

If you have any problems, or further suggestions, please email support@midnightmobility.com

Matt
  • jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited March 24, 2010
    mattwright wrote:
    Apple has approved SmugWallet version 3.0, which will be a free update for anyone who has already purchased the app. Included are some highly requested features:

- Updated to work with Smart Galleries and Collected Photos
    - Added option to auto-rotate photos to proper orientation
    - Added ability to zoom photos and download larger size
    - Can now export video to camera roll on supported devices
    - Bug fix: No longer crashes on download of very large videos
    - Many minor bug fixes and improvements

If you have any problems, or further suggestions, please email support@midnightmobility.com

Matt

Woo! Downloading Now! Thanks for the awesome app.clap.gifwings.gif :ivar bowdown.gif

BTW, is an iPad version of this in the works?
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
    edited March 25, 2010
    I'm looking into it now, but not sure if/when it would be available. --Matt
    edited March 27, 2010
    After messing around with the SDK for a few days, I can say that I do intend to make an iPad version of this app, but it won't be available for the iPad App Store debut, as the deadline for initial submissions is tomorrow.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • BeckmannPhotosBeckmannPhotos Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    Matt,

I'm looking at downloading this soon but was wondering if it's possible to edit titles, descriptions, and keywords for photos and then sync that back with the online photos? I need to do a whole revamp of my keywords and it would be really awesome to be able to do this while on the go on my iphone instead of just at home. Is this possible or could it be added in the future? This isn't possible on the mobile website version of smugmug is it?

Thx,
    Matt
    edited March 31, 2010
    I'm wondering if it's possible to edit titles, descriptions, and keywords for photos and then sync that back with the online photos?

At this time, SmugWallet does not make any changes to your SmugMug account. It also does not even sync individual photo titles, descriptions or keywords. I'm not sure if I'll make it be able to interact with your account in the future or not, but I'll add it to the feature request list. Thanks,

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • jdoeringjdoering Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 1, 2010
    I love your app; but since I upgraded to 3.0 it exits everytime I try to Search for Photos. It bails during "Loading Photo Info..." :(

-Jeff
    edited April 1, 2010
    jdoering wrote:
    I love your app; but since I upgraded to 3.0 it exits everytime I try to Search for Photos. It bails during "Loading Photo Info..." :(
    I just had a report from another user of a syncing problem and now it doesn't work for me. Let me check with SmugMug to see if they have changed anything or if their API server is down at the moment.

*update* There were some outages: http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/

Matt
  • R.LeonardoR.Leonardo Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    Great app. thumb.gif Been using daily for awhile now.

Removed my comments on SmugShot.. wrong app.
    R. Leonardo
    www.RobArtPhoto.com
    Whether he is an artist or not, the photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts. -Walker Evans
    edited April 2, 2010
    R.Leonardo wrote:
    I do have a request. An option to start in either camera or album.
    Sounds like you are talking about SmugShot instead of SmugWallet, as SmugWallet does not use the camera or upload photos.

Matt
  • R.LeonardoR.Leonardo Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    mattwright wrote:
    Sounds like you are talking about SmugShot instead of SmugWallet, as SmugWallet does not use the camera or upload photos.

Matt

Yep, cause I am an idiot! Got them confused.
    R. Leonardo
    www.RobArtPhoto.com
    Whether he is an artist or not, the photographer is a joyous sensualist, for the simple reason that the eye traffics in feelings, not in thoughts. -Walker Evans
  • davegreenedavegreene Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2010
    mattwright wrote:
    I just had a report from another user of a syncing problem and now it doesn't work for me. Let me check with SmugMug to see if they have changed anything or if their API server is down at the moment.

*update* There were some outages: http://status.blogs.smugmug.com/

Matt

This is still isn't working for me. I have a whole category of galleries that the app isn't picking up. Its finding new photos in other categories though.

Also, I sent an email to cleardot.gifsupport@midnightmobility.com a week ago and never got a reply :(:
    edited April 7, 2010
    davegreene wrote:
    This is still isn't working for me. I have a whole category of galleries that the app isn't picking up. Its finding new photos in other categories though.
    Today I also got an email from another user with the same issue of the Holidays category not syncing. Took a closer look and somehow my code was actively filtering out this category based on the ID. I have no idea how/when that line got put in there, but I will submit an update shortly to fix this issue. For now, no albums are going to be synced from the Holidays category until I issue a fix. I'm very sorry about this!

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • davegreenedavegreene Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2010
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for the explanation. Once I know how to work around it I'm happy enough.

Great app BTW - probably my favourite iphone app.

Cheers,

Dave.

(got your email there aswell!)
  • wslamwslam Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    Hi, there is a problem when i sync...
    A video is stuck and always fail to download. The video plays fine on the website, just won't sync with smugwallet. Any idea?
    i have 18k photo sync =)

ws
  • EverythingEverywhereEverythingEverywhere Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Smugwallet crashing
    I'm having a problem with Smugwallet crashing.

When I try to sync photos, it will start to download photo information and then the app will crash.
    2014 Travel Photographer of the Year, Society of American Travel Writers
    2013 & 2015 Travel Photographer of the Year, North American Travel Journalists Association

Facebook | Travel Blog | Travel Photography | Instagram | Google+
    edited April 22, 2010
    wslam wrote:
    A video is stuck and always fail to download. The video plays fine on the website, just won't sync with smugwallet. Any idea?
    i have 18k photo sync =)
    Hey wslam,

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. One thing we have noticed is if you have the "external links" setting in your gallery disabled, it can cause some issues with downloading videos. Can you check the gallery and see if that is the case? Otherwise, email me at support@midnightmobility.com and I can try to look into this issue further.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
    edited April 22, 2010
    When I try to sync photos, it will start to download photo information and then the app will crash.
    My guess is that this is related to a specific gallery in your account. I suggest you toggle some of the categories' sync off in the settings menu to try to narrow down where this is happening. Alternatively, if you want me to look into it further by testing your account, email me at support@midnightmobility.com.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • abkerabker Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 22, 2010
    Domain name
    Can any one tell me how to have my domain name www.kerrphots.com instead of www.home When sending a link of a gallery to someone from my iphone

Thanksclap.gif
    edited April 22, 2010
    abker wrote:
    Can any one tell me how to have my domain name www.kerrphots.com instead of www.home When sending a link of a gallery to someone from my iphone

Right now SmugWallet doesn't support custom domain names when sending the email links. I will add it to the todo list for a future version.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • linmlinm Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited April 29, 2010
    Multiple SmugMug Accounts
    Is there any way to have multiple SmugMug Accounts loaded that you can toggle between? I have a personal account and another one for my Club.

thanks,
    LLM
    edited May 1, 2010
    linm wrote: »
    Is there any way to have multiple SmugMug Accounts loaded that you can toggle between? I have a personal account and another one for my Club.

SmugWallet currently only supports a single login -- sorry!

Also, as an FYI to everyone else who may read this, SmugWallet v3.1 will not download photos on iPhone OS 4.0 beta at this time (only Beta 1 tested so far). I have a fix and it will be released at least in time for the official iPhone OS 4.0 release if the iPhone OS itself does not remedy this issue (It's a change in behavior in the beta OS which may be fixed).

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Matt -

I know you planned on doing an Ipad app. Have you ever thought of integrating it to upload a shopping cart to smugmug (not the purchase just the upload.

Love your app and thinking of ways to work it into my business model...give me a shout if you wanna talk.
  • cm5299cm5299 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited May 21, 2010
    mattwright wrote: »
    Hey wslam,

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. One thing we have noticed is if you have the "external links" setting in your gallery disabled, it can cause some issues with downloading videos. Can you check the gallery and see if that is the case? Otherwise, email me at support@midnightmobility.com and I can try to look into this issue further.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
    Matt,
    I am having problems syncing videos with the iPad SmugMug app. Photos sync with no problem. Videos will not sync or play in the SM app. They play just fine via the browser on my iPad.

I have tried allowing external links and it still does not work.

Are there other troubleshooting steps you would recommend?

Thanks for a great app. I really enjoy it. It makes it easy to show off pictures of our baby. :D (new father grin)

Thanks,
    Chuck
    edited May 25, 2010
    Just a bump of my question with the hope Matt sticks his head in here.
    edited May 28, 2010
    Which app are you using?
    cm5299 wrote: »
    I am having problems syncing videos with the iPad SmugMug app. Photos sync with no problem. Videos will not sync or play in the SM app. They play just fine via the browser on my iPad.

Hi Chuck,

Can you clarify which app you are using on your iPad? We didn't write the SmugMug app for the iPad, but it should be possible to run SmugWallet on the iPad. That doesn't sound like what you are doing, however, so please clarify. You may want to bring this up with SmugMug themselves if you are using the official iPad app.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • greggergregger Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Client review with iPhone or iPad
    Hi there,
    I submitted this idea / request via support with respect to the iPad app, but it would be valuable for this app too.

I don't have either device, but I would consider giving Steve Jobs some money if this were possible:

I like to be able to review proofs from an Event with a client and "favorite" images they want to submit for further processing in person. The iPad seems like it would be a good device to do this. The iPhone would be just fine as well.

If I could then review the favorites back at home in the browser, I'd figure out a way to sync up the files on SmugMug with my DAM software and start toiling.

I'm guessing Safari could do this, but I think the dedicated app would be more adept at it since I could spool the images and use them offline (if I get the functionality of the app correctly).

Thanks!
    TTFN
    Gregg
    edited June 3, 2010
    mattwright wrote: »
    Hi Chuck,

Can you clarify which app you are using on your iPad? We didn't write the SmugMug app for the iPad, but it should be possible to run SmugWallet on the iPad. That doesn't sound like what you are doing, however, so please clarify. You may want to bring this up with SmugMug themselves if you are using the official iPad app.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
    My apologies. It is the SM app.
  • khollisterkhollister Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 13, 2010
    Another vote for an option to lose the "Ken Burns Effect" on the slide show - very annoying when you are trying to focus on the images (at least in my opinion). Great app otherwise.
  • LsimonLsimon Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2010
    Keeps exiting sync on iPhone 4
    I'm a new iPhoner and long time Smug Mugger. Just got my iphone 4 yesterday. I'm syncing about 5,000 photos. I'm using the large resolution instead of the 480MP because of the i4's higher res screen.

Anyways my issue is the sync. It syncs about 100 photos, give or take a few, and then exits the application. This makes it a bit time consuming since I can't just leave it go unattended and presumably my sync is taking a bit longer at the higher resolution. Any suggestions on what I might try to speed this up?

I presume there is no way to format the files/folders on a desktop then sync over usb to the iphone is there?