Options

Pentax K-x

gramps50gramps50 Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
edited March 31, 2010 in Cameras
I have decided to venture into the dSLR world. In the past I have had several Pentax SLRs and still have some with accessories that are for sale in another thread. I am retired and on a buget so I'm looking in the $700-800 range to replace my Fufifilm S6000fd.

I have been looking, reading and checking prices and deals. I like the Pentax K-x with a 18-50mm & a 55-300mm lens in a kit. All this for around $715. For this price combination we're talking mail order.

So now for my question. It looks good on paper. Does anyone have any experience with the camera?

Thanks
Gramps

Comments

• Options
    GrainbeltGrainbelt Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2010
    It is a step up from the K200D that I have, and is supposed to have great high ISO performance. I recently purchased the 55-300, and it is unique in being a very sharp lens at a really reasonable price.

Lots of good reviews, I haven't used it, but given my experience with Pentax I see no reason to hesitate. There aren't many Pentax users on DGrin - suggest you visit www.pentaxforums.com for addtl opinions.
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    I think it looks like a great camera. Go for it!
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2010
    I think it looks like a great camera. Go for it!

I ordered it Friday night and it will be here Tuesday 3/30
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2010
    The new Pentax K-x showed up today and I took it for a little test drive. This shot was in the automatic mode and other than shrinking it for posting here it's just the way I took it.
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2010
    This one was cropped and shot with the action mode
  • Options
    edited March 31, 2010
    This one was also cropped and shot in action mode
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2010
    Congrats on the new camera! clap.gifclap.gif

I notice you have a manual 50mm f/1.7 listed in the flea market. It will work great on your new camera! If the k-x has a "green button" on it things get even easier -- set the aperture ring, press green button, and focus.
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,915 moderator
    edited March 31, 2010
    Congratulations Gramps. It looks like you're having fun with the camera. clap.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums