Options

At Cost Reports Please

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited July 19, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Why can we not get sales reports on at cost sales? :scratch
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Why can we not get sales reports on at cost sales? headscratch.gif

The honest answer is because the system wasn't designed with that in mind and it would take a lot of effort to re-write.

Given how many high priority items we have waiting, and the scarcity of requests, it's not something we've really considered doing.

Sorry!

Don
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2005
    Anybody else dying to know what that list of requests looks like? I can only think of one that would be at the top (customizable watermark), but every time they come out with something I say, oh yeah I definitley wanted that. I wonder what else I want and just dont realize yet.
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Why can we not get sales reports on at cost sales? headscratch.gif
    What I do if I want to sell something 'at cost', is to add $0.01 to the whole price list.

-winn
  • Options
    Mac WriteMac Write Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    winnjewett wrote:
    What I do if I want to sell something 'at cost', is to add $0.01 to the whole price list.

-winn
    Doesn't that make everything 1¢?

I also want to know the at cost sales as my mom says I have to sell the photos I took at my sisters wedding this weekend at cost or someone else will do it. She also wants to give people my photos (my cousin took most of the photos (just happened, and is in love with my D70). I also think the default for all times should be set to $0.00 so that unless you have set the price manually, someone can't buy at cost.
    My Photos | Use this referral code and get $5 off your first year of Smugmug! PIKZSgEQUVtu2 or just click here
    Get busy living or get busy dying
    --Stephen King
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2005
    Mac Write wrote:
    Doesn't that make everything 1¢?

I also want to know the at cost sales as my mom says I have to sell the photos I took at my sisters wedding this weekend at cost or someone else will do it. She also wants to give people my photos (my cousin took most of the photos (just happened, and is in love with my D70). I also think the default for all times should be set to $0.00 so that unless you have set the price manually, someone can't buy at cost.

You have the power to do this yourself. Simply set your Portfolio pricing to $0.00 on everything, and no-one will ever get to buy "at cost".

And no, his suggestion would make 4x6s cost $0.30 instead of $0.29. Very close, as you can see, to "at cost", but still trackable.

Don
  • Options
    edited July 19, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    You have the power to do this yourself. Simply set your Portfolio pricing to $0.00 on everything, and no-one will ever get to buy "at cost".

And no, his suggestion would make 4x6s cost $0.30 instead of $0.29. Very close, as you can see, to "at cost", but still trackable.

Don

Entered permanently on our Pro Sales blog .

Don