Options

#47 Demise of "House Beautiful" - C&C please

AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
edited April 3, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are my first attempts at #47.
Are any of these theme & challenge worthy.
"House Beautiful" refers to a location in "Pilgrim's Progress" which was based on this house.

C&C greatly appreciated.

819244430_GPzsa-L.jpg

819243398_nJqKP-L.jpg

819240498_EtYjP-L.jpg

819239373_ci3VD-L.jpg

#5 "Doorways to the past"
819248348_vfnew-L.jpg

#6 "Doorways to the future"
819246445_56Qjv-L.jpg
Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams

Comments

• Options
    Nikonic1Nikonic1 Registered Users Posts: 684 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    I really enjoy the last one. It could use a little straightening and maybe a little tighter crop around the pillars but in all, really fits the title (both facets of it) well. My only question to myself is: would it fit without already seeing the previous lead-in photos of the dilapidated building before scrolling to the final shot? After taking a second look, I think so given the state of decay around the shot before getting to the beautiful greens and walkway leading you out of the shot.

I really like them though. thumb.gif
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited March 25, 2010
    I personally like #4. Also #6 without the green
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2010
    Nikonic1 wrote:
    I really enjoy the last one. It could use a little straightening and maybe a little tighter crop around the pillars but in all, really fits the title (both facets of it) well. My only question to myself is: would it fit without already seeing the previous lead-in photos of the dilapidated building before scrolling to the final shot? After taking a second look, I think so given the state of decay around the shot before getting to the beautiful greens and walkway leading you out of the shot.

I really like them though. thumb.gif
    Thanks for the feedback Matt, I appreciate it.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2010
    photo-bug wrote:
    I personally like #4. Also #6 without the green
    Thanks for the c&c Tatiana.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    I like #4 as well.
    5 and 6 are interesting variations on the theme. I think I like 6 better. I like the vibrant green in the middle, without it the title wouldn't make sense.

1-3 are impressive pictures of the house, but I find the effect in the sky distracting.
    edited April 2, 2010
    #3! #3! by far the best in my opinion :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    What a very cooL place to shoot! Lucky Guy!

I'd venture to say to pull our focus nearer those paths!
    tom wise
  • Options
    dlsdls Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    Hmmm.... I seem to be the odd one out in favoring #2 the most, but to me, it seems to represent the decaying carcass of the building most dramatically. It may benefit from a title, however. I do like #6 and your treatment of it (ditto in liking the green and the lead-in red), so that is a very very close second in my book. thumb.gif
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    I like the angle in #2. I think it could be improved by making it a little darker. More of a Bleak House effect. That would probably make the color a little richer, too.
  • Options
    edited April 3, 2010
    red_zone wrote:
    I like #4 as well.
    5 and 6 are interesting variations on the theme. I think I like 6 better. I like the vibrant green in the middle, without it the title wouldn't make sense.

1-3 are impressive pictures of the house, but I find the effect in the sky distracting.
    Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited April 3, 2010
    Kinkajou wrote:
    #3! #3! by far the best in my opinion :)
    Thanks Kinkajou, #3 is a definite favourite of mine.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited April 3, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:
    What a very cooL place to shoot! Lucky Guy!

I'd venture to say to pull our focus nearer those paths!
    Thanks for commenting Tom. Its a great place, just wish I'd found it before the doors & windows challenge. :D
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited April 3, 2010
    dls wrote:
    Hmmm.... I seem to be the odd one out in favoring #2 the most, but to me, it seems to represent the decaying carcass of the building most dramatically. It may benefit from a title, however. I do like #6 and your treatment of it (ditto in liking the green and the lead-in red), so that is a very very close second in my book. thumb.gif
    Thanks for chiming in Dan.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page

• Options
    edited April 3, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I like the angle in #2. I think it could be improved by making it a little darker. More of a Bleak House effect. That would probably make the color a little richer, too.
    Thanks for the feedback, I deliberately desaturated it to try and create a more bleak feel but I may have gone too far. I'll certainly play with the levels to see what I can come up with.
    Peter

Facebook Fan Page