Options

Photography Associations

Cheri19Cheri19 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 3, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Can anyone recommend a photography association? I have been looking at Professional Photographers of America and Photographic Society of America. Any preferences?

Comments

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2010
    I joined PPA. Depending on what you want out of it, you can join as an associate or amature and save money for 2 years. You still get all the benifits except for being listed in the directory.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    Cheri19Cheri19 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 30, 2010
    Thank you
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    I joined PPA. Depending on what you want out of it, you can join as an associate or amature and save money for 2 years. You still get all the benifits except for being listed in the directory.

Thank you John!
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2010
    ditto on PPA. They'll also have local chapters with events you can go to and such. Good stuff!
    //Leah
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    Cheri19 wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a photography association? I have been looking at Professional Photographers of America and Photographic Society of America. Any preferences?

There is a huge difference......when I was still considered an ameture in the local camera club I was also a member of PSA....but I work their International Salons also..........but they do not have the perks that PPA or NAPP has........

PPA with it accreditation can actually be boost for you.....they make you Earn your Craftsman and Master Degrees.......those extra letters after ones name can make prospective clients less nervious about hiring you.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website