Guess What They Are

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited April 5, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
A few more abstracts...

827322790_8wXQh-XL.jpg

827322870_spMdY-XL.jpg

827322949_oPA3w-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Increase air flow around the engine to help keep it cooler???? headscratch.gif gary

They also work as abstracts....
  • gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    +1 on air vents...they look like some kind of adjustable vents. nice!
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Well, you guys are just too quick for me. Yes, they are vents....but more specifically, they are extractor vents. As Gary said, they help keep an engine cool by drawing away heat from the engine bay area.

All these shots are of the side of engine cowlings of some 30's model Packards. All these spectacular cars were lined up in a row....simply breathtaking to see them there all together. Some full shots of these cars will follow soon.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

Really like the perspectives, colors, and sharp details.

I was wondering if you went to the Barrett Jackson Auction???
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    Hi Craig,

Thanks for the comments. I didn't go to the B-J auction but I did make the big Mecum auction over near Orlando. They had some really spectacular cars there from the 50's and 60's. There was a stunning '53 Olds convertible I thought about bidding on but decided against doing so....just as well too, the thing sold for over $80,000 if I remember correctly.

There were quite a few outstanding Chevys and Pontiacs from one collection...I think it was called the Miller Bros. collection...that were as fine as any I've ever seen. One of their '57 Pontiac convertibles went for over $100,000.

Take care,

Tom
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    I was going to say vents too--actually no, I thought they looked like closed windows when I first saw them:D .

Great abstracts--love the colors and the chrome oh car masterbowdown.gif .
    Liz A.
    _________