Options

First DSLR!!!!URGENT!!!!

Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
edited April 5, 2010 in The Big Picture
Who and when was the world's first DSLR made?

I have been looking all over Google and can't find a strait answer!
If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited April 5, 2010
    not sure why its urgent but this was found http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_single-lens_reflex_camera at the bottom of the page.

On August 25, 1981 Sony unveiled a prototype of the first still video camera, the Sony Mavica. This camera was an analog electronic camera that featured interchangeable lenses and a SLR viewfinder.
    At Photokina in 1986, Nikon revealed a prototype analog electronic still SLR camera, the Nikon SVC, a precursor to the digital SLR.<SUP id=cite_ref-Jarleton_24-0 class=reference>[25]</SUP> The prototype body shared many features with the N8008.<SUP id=cite_ref-Jarleton_24-1 class=reference>[25]</SUP>
    In 1991, Kodak released the first commercially available digital SLR, the Kodak DCS-100. It consisted of a modified Nikon F3 SLR body, modified drive unit, and an external storage unit connected via cable. The 1.3 megapixel camera cost approximately US$30,000. This was followed by the Kodak DCS-200 with integrated storage.<SUP id=cite_ref-25 class=reference>[26]</SUP>
    Over the next decade, DSLRs have been released by various companies, including Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Pentax, Olympus, Panasonic, Samsung, Minolta (later Konica Minolta, and whose camera assets were then acquired by Sony), Fujifilm, and Sigma, with higher resolutions and lower prices.
    In 1999, Nikon announced the Nikon D1, the first DSLR to truly compete with, and begin to replace, film cameras in the professional photojournalism and sports photography fields. This camera was able to use current autofocus Nikkor lenses available at that time for the Nikon film series cameras, and was also able to utilize the older Nikon and similar, independent mount lenses designed for those cameras. A combination of price, speed, and image quality was the beginning of the end of 35 mm film for these markets.
    In January 2000, Fujifilm announced the FinePix S1 Pro, the first DSLR marketed to non-professionals.
    In November 2001, Canon released its 4.1 megapixel EOS-1D, the brand's first professional digital body.
    In 2003, Canon introduced the 6.3 megapixel EOS 300D SLR camera (known in the United States as the Digital Rebel and in Japan as the Kiss Digital) with an MSRP of US$999, directed at the consumer market. Its popularity encouraged other manufacturers to produce affordable digital SLR cameras, lowering entry costs and allowing more amateur photographers to purchase DSLRs.
    Since 2003, the number of megapixels in imaging sensors have increased steadily, with most companies focusing on build quality, high ISO performance, speed of focus, higher frame rates, the elimination of digital 'noise' produced by the imaging sensor, and price reductions to lure new customers.
  • Options
    Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2010
    I am writing a paper about photography and could not find what I needed.... So, thank you very muchthumb.gif
    If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
    Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson