Options

Instand Email Notification

Bear DaleBear Dale Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited April 6, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Instand Email Notification seems to be a bit hit and miss.
Cheers,
Bear

Some of my photos on Flickr
My Facebook

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited April 4, 2010
    fotoworx wrote:
    There have been some isolated problems in the past. Can you describe what you are seeing in greater detail? Sometimes it has been traced to spam filters on ISPs (check your spam folder if you have one), sometimes people have not understood how it's supposed to work, and sometimes it has just been flaky. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited April 6, 2010
    fotoworx wrote:

Generally speaking, you will receive a notification when a thread you've subscribed to is updated. You may not receive notifications after the initial notification and before you visit the forum again. That is to say if you received one notification but there were five additional replies when you visited the forum, that would be normal.

Please also be sure you're subscribed to a thread if you aren't receiving notifications but believe you should. Within your profile, you can enable instant notification for threads you reply to. You can find this in the "Edit options" section within your profile. You may also subscribe to a thread by using the "Thread Tools" menu located just above the topic.

And lastly, as Richard suggests, please check your SPAM filters as sometimes mail from dgrin makes it through and sometimes it's blocked (this has been my experience with Yahoo). You may need to whitelist the domain if you have repeated problems.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?