Options

48--Am I on track??

rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
edited April 11, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please! Let me know if any of these images are going in the right direction??? (and is the EXIF good for the aqua/phone images???)
THANKS
1--reflection in window
830717247_pqidS-M.jpg

2--food in window
830717811_xk9rh-M.jpg

3--under stairs
830718145_XSN7t-M.jpg
4--ready for dinner
830718220_j9yie-M.jpg
5--aqua/phone barn
830718341_5Yjoc-M.jpg
6---trees (phone)830717196_pnGXe-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
    Love #3! I'll have to read the challenge details again to see whether it's on-theme.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    DeuceFourDeuceFour Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2010
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    I like #3. Way cool.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2010
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I like #3. Way cool.
    thanks! 3 is actually shot from under the stairs at the Apple store in mid-Manhattan....I didn't 'do' anything to it, yah know??
    4 is shot thru the gauzy curtain window of the restaurant at Rockefeller Center
    5 looks like I messed up, lol!!! Let me resend..(5 and 6 were with my cellphone camera, with a bit of 'nose smudge' on the lens)
    830718341_5Yjoc-M.jpg
    I feel like i need to at least do a bit of contrast adjustment on this...is that acceptable?
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    I like "3--under stairs" very much!!! clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    #3 for me as well.

I usually think of myself as not processing my picts very much, but this challenge is making me realize what I do do, almost automatically: straighten, brighten, sharpen, increase contrast, skew color. And, I've always thought that's not very much :-).
    photo-bug wrote:
    I like "3--under stairs" very much!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    I feel like i need to at least do a bit of contrast adjustment on this...is that acceptable?

I don't think so -- no contrast adjustment.
  • Options
    kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2010
    Trish, as to whether or not you are on track, I have no idea (reference last conversation about my weirdness with being able to determine that) but I do love number 3! Really nice. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2010
    #3 for me as well.

I usually think of myself as not processing my picts very much, but this challenge is making me realize what I do do, almost automatically: straighten, brighten, sharpen, increase contrast, skew color. And, I've always thought that's not very much :-).

Don't I know it!!! It's amazing how much stuff we just do automatically in the computer when we upload...how many shots we "know" will look good after we upload, even if they aren't stellar in camera!!
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2010
    kds1 wrote:
    Trish, as to whether or not you are on track, I have no idea (reference last conversation about my weirdness with being able to determine that) but I do love number 3! Really nice. thumb.gif

Lol...
    but i do believe you made it to the finalists while my perfectly new crayons didn'trolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    TLVoDraTLVoDra Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    #3 is a really fun picture! I like it a lot.
    Tammy~
    "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun..." Mary Poppins
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2010
    I like #3 but for the challenge #6, given what Sean was suggesting as tools this seems a much better fit.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2010
    3 I think it would bring it more lo fi if the corners with the focused buildings were cropped out then it turns the glass stairs into more of the distortion filter creating the interesting pattern of the feet above
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited April 11, 2010
    DsrtVW wrote:
    3 I think it would bring it more lo fi if the corners with the focused buildings were cropped out then it turns the glass stairs into more of the distortion filter creating the interesting pattern of the feet above
    I think you may be right.... I even have some without the buildings....
    So far to me its my strongest image of all those I have been playing with at home....everything else, while the effects themselves are interesting dont feel any different than everything else I am seeing others post...and they are certainly not better examples of this or that effect!!
    eeh, one more week to shoot...I'll figure out something