Options

Self P (NSFW)

angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
edited April 13, 2010 in Go Figure
Self Portrait~C&C welcomed~

I've done several SP's this past year, and found I like it. This is my first post of a SP~
714759265_4hRRu-M.jpg
tom wise

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:
    I've done several SP's this past year, and found I like it. This is my first post of a SP~
    Interesting take on SP:-) mwink.gif
    I like the lighting and treatment! thumb.gif
    Cropwise I find it unsettling. ne_nau.gif I feel that it needs either more or less on both top and bottom, but I cannot place my finger on it without seeing the noncropped version... headscratch.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Maybe just slightly less on the bottom. I get the sense that the knees are being hacked. I like the pose and the framing otherwise. Also like the expression.

Caroline
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Nikolai wrote:
    Interesting take on SP:-) mwink.gif
    I like the lighting and treatment! thumb.gif
    Cropwise I find it unsettling. ne_nau.gif I feel that it needs either more or less on both top and bottom, but I cannot place my finger on it without seeing the noncropped version... headscratch.gif
    Thanks Nik! I think the non-cropped version ran up to my forehead and down just below the knee....and Caroline has a valid point~

And thanks a million on the light comment...that for me is the highest Compliment!~
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited January 4, 2010
    Maybe just slightly less on the bottom. I get the sense that the knees are being hacked. I like the pose and the framing otherwise. Also like the expression.

Caroline
    Thanks for chiming in Caroline. I did a recrop of the copy I presently have
    (having dumped the original):

714759265_4hRRu-M-1.jpg

I think you were right, there was something weird about the crop. Balance, always trying to bring balance~

And I also want to thank you both for chiming in because I have have been hesitant to post my SP nudes due to a multitude of reasons (albeit normal).

Thanks for the critiques!
    tom wise
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:
    Thanks for chiming in Caroline. I did a recrop of the copy I presently have
    (having dumped the original):

I think you were right, there was something weird about the crop. Balance, always trying to bring balance~

And I also want to thank you both for chiming in because I have have been hesitant to post my SP nudes due to a multitude of reasons (albeit normal).

Thanks for the critiques!

I like this one much better! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 4, 2010
    Like the new crop!
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2010
    Like the new crop!

Me too, funny how a little crop such as this changes things~ Thanx~
    tom wise
  • Options
    len20len20 Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:

714759265_4hRRu-M.jpg

Why can't I see the photo?
    Canon 5d mii, Canon 50mm f/1.8, 35mm 1.4L, 70-200mm IS L
  • Options
    MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited March 9, 2010
    It is a great picture, the crop is interesting and the lighting is great. It will be nice in a few years to have such a lovely photo of yourself. I think as long as you're willing to pose why not try some bodyscapes.
  • Options
    ClamrollClamroll Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    I agree with the comments about the knees, but I think the image works well. As one hairy man to another, I applaud your self portrait
    Please Look At My Photography!
    http://www.AndyCalnan.com/
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2010
    Clamroll wrote:
    I agree with the comments about the knees, but I think the image works well. As one hairy man to another, I applaud your self portrait

Thanks for that!!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2010
    Macushla wrote:
    It is a great picture, the crop is interesting and the lighting is great. It will be nice in a few years to have such a lovely photo of yourself. I think as long as you're willing to pose why not try some bodyscapes.

Thanks...not at all easy to accomplish, but fun!

Bodyscapes...oh man...I'd rather be behind the lens for those! I'd probably look like a chicken dancing~

I did do some other types of poses, that well pleased me. But hesitant to post them..perhaps in time~
    tom wise
  • Options
    MacushlaMacushla Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:
    Thanks...not at all easy to accomplish, but fun!

Bodyscapes...oh man...I'd rather be behind the lens for those! I'd probably look like a chicken dancing~

I did do some other types of poses, that well pleased me. But hesitant to post them..perhaps in time~

Start here, work up to framed prints hanging in your living room. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2010
    Macushla wrote:
    Start here, work up to framed prints hanging in your living room. rolleyes1.gif

Not MY living room...we have to maintain our facade of ....of......crap..what is my facade? Moral~:D~ My GF would like that though...I got her fooled 100%~!
    tom wise