Options

SMUGMUG References

JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
edited July 22, 2005 in Mind Your Own Business
I am thinking of starting to use SmugMug as a service. To the point they print and send my pictures directly to the buyer. I would like to speak with a couple of other photographers who are using them in this way. Please email me a jim (at) turtlehut.com if you are willing to share your experience with them. I would love to hear from people that have had great experiences and anyone that has had a terrible experience.

Thanks,

-Jim
Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos

Comments

• Options
    dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    I'd go for it. I'm gonna be putting through 200+ print order in the next couple weeks and not worried bout it at all. It is ran by great people, at a great price, for a great product, and service. I would say go for it. You can even use my email address gary@computerhelpmi.com for a $5.00 discount (shameless plugs are cool).
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    JimM wrote:
    I would love to hear from people that have had great experiences and anyone that has had a terrible experience.

Thanks,

-Jim

I do it very selectively--I would do it a LOT more if they had backprinting! I need a copyright statement and image number and image source. So I either use another lab which will backprint or order from smug sent to me and I affix small archival labels that read "Image ______ Licensed for personal use ©2005 Lynne Glazer anyone@lynnesite.com www.lynnesite.com"
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    lynnesite wrote:
    I do it very selectively--I would do it a LOT more if they had backprinting! I need a copyright statement and image number and image source. So I either use another lab which will backprint or order from smug sent to me and I affix small archival labels that read "Image ______ Licensed for personal use ©2005 Lynne Glazer anyone@lynnesite.com <A href="http://www.lynnesite.com"[/QUOTE">www.lynnesite.com&quot;

Hi Lynne, the print quality is good then? I don't blame you for wanting the copyright on the back, it is too bad they do not offer it.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    ChaseChase Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    JimM wrote:
    Hi Lynne, the print quality is good then? I don't blame you for wanting the copyright on the back, it is too bad they do not offer it.
    300dpi prints. They are very nice, plus you can order in true color if you do all your own photo tweaking.thumb.gif
    www.chase.smugmug.com
    I just press the button and the camera goes CLICK. :dunno
    Canon: gripped 20d and 30d, 10-22 3.5-4.5, 17-55 IS, 50mm f1.8, 70-200L IS, 85mm f1.8, 420ex
    sigma: 10-20 4-5.6 (for sale), 24-70 2.8 (for sale), 120-300 2.8
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    I've heard nothing but praise from people who bought my photos. Everything from 4x6's to 2 feet x 3 feet prints. I decided to try ordering some 4x6's for myself. Looks as good or better than anything else I've ever seen.
    Richard