Options

Threads Without Photos

timmystertimmyster Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited April 14, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
I have noticed as I go through the threads that a large number of the older threads have the photos that were once in them removed. I somehow find this quite annoying and totally lacking in their initial purpose! Can these not be removed? I mean I read the critiques and suggestions, but what good is that if I don't see any pictures?? Thanks for listening to my rant LOL:D
Ask not, for it will come to you...

My Site: Family Pictures Photography

Comments

• Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2010
    IF someone puts a photo up it's really coming from their site - not from the boards. If they delete it or move it - it comes down. It's just the nature of these kinds of boards. It's not Dgrin.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2010
    Yeah, each poster is maintaining those photos. Some use free or temporary services, or some remove the photos from their sites, etc. The dgrin board has no control over this.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    I'm the exact opposite...when I read an old thread from years ago, I'm actually amazed the pics still work. Most hosting sites aren't around long enough (or just the user's account on that hosting site) to keep the links active. Life on the internetz.:D
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2010
    timmyster wrote:
    I somehow find this quite annoying and totally lacking in their initial purpose!
    I agree, and this often happens for very recent posts, as well. ne_nau.gif

I don't know what others do but I have a special private gallery to which I upload and link appropriately-sized versions all images contained in my Dgrin posts. This way, the images will always be there - that is, as long as SmugMug exists and I continue to be a subscriber! :D