Options

pricing & international shipping for prints

adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
edited July 22, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I've got a couple of hundred shots that I want printed but I can't figure out how much it'll cost to get these mailed to the UK.
The best I can find is "you'll see the final price on the checkout page" (or similar). That requires me to create an account load up ~400Mb of files then go to checkout.

I'm not interested in the photo-sharing side of things, just prints.

thanks
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Adrian
my stuff is here.....

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    The easiest way to do this is to find someone's gallery and order the same amount of prints at the sizes that you want then enter your billing and shipping info and choose your shipping method (which will have a price). Just don't confirm the order and you should get a valid total cost for the order including shipping.

The reason we can't show shipping up front is because no two orders are alike and that shipping costs fluctuate constantly outside of the US. If we were to provide some type of table, it would take more effort for you to look up the result than to do the above method :):

JT

adrian_k wrote:
    I've got a couple of hundred shots that I want printed but I can't figure out how much it'll cost to get these mailed to the UK.
    The best I can find is "you'll see the final price on the checkout page" (or similar). That requires me to create an account load up ~400Mb of files then go to checkout.

I'm not interested in the photo-sharing side of things, just prints.

thanks
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    You also don't have to order different prints. You could order a few hundred copies of the same print at various sizes.

-w
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited July 21, 2005
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    thanks for the suggestions
    I had already tried the dummy order, but it still required me to registered :-(

hi Baldy, I'd found that table already, it produced some scary figures though. Which is why I asked the question here.

For Example:
    300 prints (5x7) = 30 x $3.90 = ~$130 (yikes!)
    Medium printsto 10x15Up to 10$3.90-4.88$9.90-12.38

thanks
    Baldy wrote:
    Here's a table that may help:

http://www.smugmug.com/prints/shipping.mg
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    We don't require you to register an account to order prints, we explain on the page that we ask for an email address and password only so you can come back and check on the status of your order. So give it another try, I am sure it will be less than $130. :)
    adrian_k wrote:
    I had already tried the dummy order, but it still required me to registered :-(

hi Baldy, I'd found that table already, it produced some scary figures though. Which is why I asked the question here.

For Example:
    300 prints (5x7) = 30 x $3.90 = ~$130 (yikes!)
    Medium printsto 10x15Up to 10$3.90-4.88$9.90-12.38

thanks
  • Options
    gsgarygsgary Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2005
    You could try a UK printer www.photobox.co.uk got 5 star rated in Digital photo
    www.peak-imaging.com 5 star rated or www.loxleycolor.com 5 star rated
    I hope this helps
    Regards
    Gary