Options

Savannah Wedding

LeeHowellLeeHowell Registered Users Posts: 99 Big grins
edited April 16, 2010 in Weddings
First time in Savannah this past weekend...If you haven't ever been, go! Now! Everything's in bloom, the food is amazing, the people are nice, the city is gorgeous!

Anyways...I've got a little preview of some here:

(1)
Outside Paula Deen's Lady & Sons
836816227_m9bKM-L.jpg

(2)
836823377_NinFD-M.jpg

(3)
HDR of Reception Hall
836809573_gXPGT-L.jpg

(4)
836832346_NspCm-M.jpg

(5)
836838451_ztE9W-L.jpg

(6)
836842206_jw6xB-M.jpg

(7)
836844623_ZHxEE-L.jpg

C&C welcome - Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    mmmmm.....Paula Deen YALL!!! I took my wife to Savannah for our anniversary in 2008. I had been through there on my way back from mouseland as a kid, and remembered it fondly. At one time my wife was working for a well known MId-atlantiC Art school and had gotten a job offer from SCAD, long story short I've been trying to convince her that we need to move down there. I can do what I do, anywhere...and really there IS NO BETTER PLACE. You got some nice shots there (you should number them). I'm really no huge fan of HDR but the compliment I will give you on yours is...it looks real, nice job.

Like the motion-y stuff with the veil, good B&W conversion there.

The last one is great rim light (video light?) the emotion is solid. very. For me the shot falls short of flattering her, but the emotion is great. This is where a good dose of -clarity and working those B&W channels to optimize skin tone can go a long way, that and a diffuse glow/gaussian blur/soft light treatment would only enhance the solid emotion you captured.
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2010
    Thanks Jason!

Yeah, my only problem with that HDR shot is the hot window...Other than that, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.

The rim light in that shot is actually my wife holding a sigma 530 flash set to slave that was triggered by my on-camera 580EXII...I've got some better images from that set actually, but these shots are my previews for the client...Holding onto the best for last :-P I'll definitly put your advice to good use for the other images I've got.

But I have tried that before, using the videographer's light. Those things have got to be the most annoying thing ever when you're trying to get a solid shot, so I figured I might as well try to start making some use of the extra light I'm being given! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    slimhimslimhim Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2010
    Nice shots. I JUST shot a wedding there a couple weeks ago. It was the day for the grand opening for Ellis square. The bride and groom even ran through the water shooting out of the ground! Amazing place. I'm glad it's only an hour away from me :)
  • Options
    edited April 16, 2010
    No kidding?! Yeah, I had heard that they just opened that square...The changing colored lights at night would make for some awesome shots - Not to mention a bride and groom running through there!! Wish I lived closer to that amazing city...But it's not too far for a weekend trip!