Options

Walking down Hollywood Blvd (15 pics)

JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited April 17, 2010 in Street and Documentary
I try and get out to shoot atleast 4 or 5 days a week. My walks are usually 2-5 miles round trip depending on how I feel. Here was a noon walk.

These where All shot with the Pentax K20D and Vivitar 24F/2.8 prime lens
IMGP2906.jpg

IMGP2887.jpg

IMGP2901.jpg

IMGP2904p.jpg

IMGP2914.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited April 17, 2010
    IMGP3051.jpg

IMGP2984.jpg

IMGP3017.jpg

IMGP3019.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2010
    IMGP3264.jpg

IMGP3258.jpg

IMGP3240.jpg

IMGP3235.jpg

IMGP3233.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2010
    IMGP3176.jpg

IMGP3072.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2010
    Sorry for the long post. I got carried away. I will keep it down in the future :)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited April 17, 2010
    Javier wrote:
    Sorry for the long post. I got carried away. I will keep it down in the future :)
    No problem, though you might want to give a warning in the title for people on slow connections and also number the pics to make it easier to discuss them. I took care of that for you. deal.gif
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    Javier wrote:
    IMGP3072.jpg
    I live far away in the remote South Pacific, so please excuse me.

Is this deaf mute gentleman using sign language for 'thanks for taking my photo'? :D
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    Hi Javier,
    Compared to your first post which rocked, these don't really grab me ne_nau.gif

In your original post you captured moments in time, little slices of life and we were privy to these private moments, they hooked me in.

This set, well they are nice, but they are for the most part, just street portraits, they are pretty much posing for the camera and smiling for you--again they are nice, but no story to tell, not much to grab the viewer, in my opinion anyway Javier.

Out of all the portraits, I like your last one best of this set--and I dig your processing overall.

Mi dos centavos.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    There are several interesting shots in this set. But I'm not going to comment on them in this thread.

I'd like to ask you to pick one or two to repost that you feel ambiguous or confused about whether they work and then leave it to this community to provide feedback. This is the hard part. Pick the one or two that you feel might be really good. There's a huge amount of experience and aesthetic viewpoints here that can help you understand and improve your own vision.