Options

Craig and April E-shoot in the park...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited April 17, 2010 in Weddings
Spring in Idaho finally...
Had some exposure challenges with this couple due to the skin color difference. I tried to mainly keep the light source on his side which seemed to make just enough of a difference to even it out a little, then just a little dodge and burn.
A really fun couple, we had lots of laughs.
Rest of the gallery is here if you feel like having a look:

http://alloutdoor.smugmug.com/Engagement-galleries/Kathryn-Albertsons-boise/11862930_xWWKM#838993056_6Dy3Y

839076257_76rwU-O.jpg

839076188_DSqGS-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    I think you did great with lighting, my only squabble is that his striped polo is distracting at times.
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2010
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    I second the stripes, just yuck.

My favorites from your gallery: 2, 8, 20 and 29, just for the emotion/goofiness involved.

I'm not crazy about the ones where they're playing quarterback, you can't tell where his hand is (we KNOW where it is, but it doesn't look "appropriate" in my eyes, just me though)

Great job!!!

I had the misfortune/pleasure of driving through Idaho last summer, and just feel in LOVE with the northern peninsula, the bottom have wasn't so great, but the northern part was just GORGEOUS!!! Oh to have seasons ::sigh::
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    Love your processing on the first one. Her expression is amazing too.
    I have shot similar circumstances and it is tricky, and you did a great job.

I think more distracting than the stripes (for me) is his t-shirt hanging out of his sleve.
  • Options
    edited April 17, 2010
    Thanks L.K.,
    Yes Idaho is beautiful, the southern part is more beautiful to me, just not the part the highway goes through. I was raised in Northern Idaho and the weather and pine trees get old after awhile.

Thanks Heather,
    I am laughing thinking about all the discussion about the *&^% t-shirt that we had and how many times we had to re adjust the &^%% thing.

I often wonder at peoples wardrobe choices for their portraits and engagement shoots.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    zoomer wrote:
    Thanks L.K.,

Thanks Heather,
    I am laughing thinking about all the discussion about the *&^% t-shirt that we had and how many times we had to re adjust the &^%% thing.

Ha ha I wondered if you had adjusted it since it wasn't showing in the other sleve.... rolleyes1.gifI know how that goes... fight it, fight it... give up and shoot it anyway.
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2010
    Quite "loverly" :D. Nice gallery....if they aren't pleased..well...of course they are. Nice work.
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552