Options

Help Please!!! Flash reflection issue

ShaShaShaSha Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited April 20, 2010 in Finishing School
Hi Ya'll I'm new to the site and wanted to say hey and get some input on something that happened when I was taking some senior pics this weekend.

Had some great pics and some bad pics and had something happen that I've not seen before but I am new at this. All of them looked ok on the screen on my camera but when I put them on the computer there were several that when my flash went off it reflected off the girls makeup! I guess it was something in her face powder but it looks like she just go finished baking and had flour all over her face.

Has anyone had this happen? If so how do I prevent it and can I fix it on the pics I've already taken? I have Elements 8 that I'm learning to use can it help me.

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

Comments

• Options
    wadesworldwadesworld Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    ShaSha wrote:
    Hi Ya'll I'm new to the site and wanted to say hey and get some input on something that happened when I was taking some senior pics this weekend.

Had some great pics and some bad pics and had something happen that I've not seen before but I am new at this. All of them looked ok on the screen on my camera but when I put them on the computer there were several that when my flash went off it reflected off the girls makeup! I guess it was something in her face powder but it looks like she just go finished baking and had flour all over her face.

Has anyone had this happen? If so how do I prevent it and can I fix it on the pics I've already taken? I have Elements 8 that I'm learning to use can it help me.

Thanks in advance for any help! :D

I doubt I can help, but others probably can if you post a sample so they can see what's wrong and make suggestions.
    Wade Williams
    Nikon D300, 18-135/3.5-5.6, 70-300/4.5-5.6, SB800
  • Options
    ABCLABCL Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Welcome :)

From your post, I presume you are using the built in flash on your DSLR? You can reduce lighting/contrasty areas in PS Elements by going to Image -> lighting/contrast and go from there.

I would recommend a diffuser for flashes, they give a nice even tone to portraits without over-exposing certain areas, an example shot would be helpful though :D