Options

SOLD: 85mm 1.8 Canon

luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
edited July 23, 2005 in Flea Market
Yes, it is the one Andy sold me. Why am I selling it? Well I wanted the lens for the wide aperture, and there are faster lenses. Also I sorta feel like I deprived someone here of a lens who needs it more.

$275 includes shipping, that is what I paid. I prefer check or MO and if Andy vouches for you I will send the lens out and have it cross the payment in the mail.

Comments

• Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    is the lens still in good shape, i mean it did come from Andy.... could have sauce all over it.... j/k but serioulsy - i just sold this lens myself and now i might want it back..... condition = ?

troy
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Yes, it is the one Andy sold me. Why am I selling it? Well I wanted the lens for the wide aperture, and there are faster lenses. Also I sorta feel like I deprived someone here of a lens who needs it more.

$275 includes shipping, that is what I paid. I prefer check or MO and if Andy vouches for you I will send the lens out and have it cross the payment in the mail.
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    I got it from Andy in great shape, it has a regular front lens cap, not Canon, but it has a Canon rear cap, it has the hood and box too.

I did a wedding engagement shoot today and did not use it, I think I want the 85mm f/1.2. :D
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I got it from Andy in great shape, it has a regular front lens cap, not Canon, but it has a Canon rear cap, it has the hood and box too.

I did a wedding engagement shoot today and did not use it, I think I want the 85mm f/1.2. :D

I cant believe he lost the Canon Cap - probably slippewd off and he thought it was a white castle hamburger.... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Anyway - Ill take it!

I can always sell it back to andy ( hehehe )......

troy
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    Guess it is sold then.

I think we beat Andy's record for a fast sale! :):
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    Man, i could have gone to bed and saved $$. staying up late on dgrin can cost a lot of bucks!

I'll probably say in the morning - what have I done -

but its all good!

troy

luckyrwe wrote:
    Guess it is sold then.

I think we beat Andy's record for a fast sale! :):
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2005
    windoze wrote:

I can always sell it back to andy ( hehehe )......

troy

always a possibility. at least, the lens is only a few miles from me now :D
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    I prefer check or MO and if Andy vouches for you I will send the lens out and have it cross the payment in the mail.

troy's as honest as the day is long and his checks are good. ship the lens *yesterday* lol3.gif

cheers
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    troy's as honest as the day is long and his checks are good. ship the lens *yesterday* lol3.gif

cheers
    Don't you know it! I am about to pull the trigger on the 85/1.2, but I heard this sound from my coffee table...it was the 135/2 in my camera magazine calling to me... hmmm....
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2005
    luckyrwe wrote:
    Don't you know it! I am about to pull the trigger on the 85/1.2, but I heard this sound from my coffee table...it was the 135/2 in my camera magazine calling to me... hmmm....

the 135 f/2L is su-weeeeeeeeeeeeeet! fast af, amazing bokeh, extremely sharp even wide open at f/2 - razor sharp stopped down - relatively light but still an L build - i love the lens
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2005
    Why I did not keep the 85/1.8
    Today I got a package from B&H...it is very fast to focus, it appears to be slow focusing because the focus scale is simply enourmous. If laid out flat it'd be ten inches long!

aax.sized.jpg