Options

Special character not working in the bold text

ShingoShingo Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited April 22, 2010 in Bug Reporting
I speak french and we use some special character like è, é, à, â, ë, ê.

The problem is that those special character seem to have problems when I put them in the title of a gallery.

for example ê appear as a small capital K.

I know we are probably just a small percentage of your user, but it's really the only problem I have with smugmug.

If you could correct the font used, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 12, 2010
    Shingo, I tested a couple different ways and the characters è, é, à, â, ë, ê all work correctly for me in the gallery titles. What browser are you using? Are you using a French keyboard layout or display layout? Its possible that something is changing the font. I just need to see what it might be.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited April 12, 2010
    docwalker wrote:
    Shingo, I tested a couple different ways and the characters è, é, à, â, ë, ê all work correctly for me in the gallery titles. What browser are you using? Are you using a French keyboard layout or display layout? Its possible that something is changing the font. I just need to see what it might be.

Sorry about that, I didn't test a lot.

I did test with windows XP SP3 : google chrome and IE8. Both of them work without a problem.

I tried with google chrome on windows 7 and the problem is present.

I will test with IE8 on windows 7 tonight.

It might be a combination of browser and OS.
  • Options
    edited April 21, 2010
    After a lot of testing, I came to the conclusion that if I open my web page on a windows 7 system with any browser, the problem is present.

Do you have a windows 7 computer to test this?
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 22, 2010
    My Windows 7 box blew up. So I am working to get it fixed. I had someone else test and theirs is working fine. Are you using a localized version of Windows 7? French version or US? It might be different.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com