Options

Smugmug strap

OlgaJOlgaJ Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
edited April 23, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
The Smugmug strap is the best strap I've ever had. Not too big, not too hot in warm weather, flexible, and comfortable. Could you please tell me who the manufacturer/seller of that strap is or what model?

Thanks,

Olga

Comments

• Options
    PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Registered Users Posts: 939 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    OlgaJ wrote:
    The Smugmug strap is the best strap I've ever had. Not too big, not too hot in warm weather, flexible, and comfortable. Could you please tell me who the manufacturer/seller of that strap is or what model?

Thanks,

Olga

I agree. very comfortable and free to boot!
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | FujiFilm XT-4 | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2010
    Hi Olga - sorry - it's a special deal we have with an exclusive supplier. I'm glad you like it!
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2010
    Andy,

Thanks. I understand. Any possibility that Smugmug would sell it?

Olga
  • Options
    edited April 19, 2010
    OlgaJ wrote:
    Andy,

Thanks. I understand. Any possibility that Smugmug would sell it?

Olga
    No, we don't sell them :) But we do give them away at tradeshows, SMUGs meetings, and if you ever come to see us.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Olga,

With Andy's permission I have a few extra and if you were to send me a self addressed and stamped 8.5X11 padded envelope, I could send one or two.

Sam
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2010
    Sam wrote:
    Olga,

With Andy's permission I have a few extra and if you were to send me a self addressed and stamped 8.5X11 padded envelope, I could send one or two.

Sam

Sam, That is very kind of you. Could I possibly pay you via Paypal? You can email me at OlgaJ@OlgaJ.com

I'll await Andy's blessing. :ivar

Olga
  • Options
    edited April 20, 2010
    OlgaJ wrote:
    Sam, That is very kind of you. Could I possibly pay you via Paypal? You can email me at OlgaJ@OlgaJ.com

I'll await Andy's blessing. :ivar

Olga

I can't charge you anything for the strap. I just want to cover my out of pocket postage costs.

Once the great one :D blesses this I will get you address and send you the strap and let you know what my costs were. I don't have paypal or do I want it. Check, nearly worthless American script, camera gear, winning loto tickets, insider stock tips all accepted. :D

Sam
  • Options
    newbnewb Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Andy wrote:
    No, we don't sell them :) But we do give them away at tradeshows, SMUGs meetings, and if you ever come to see us.

Too bad Im on the other side of the country. One of these would be an awesome addition to my collection.
    D7000/D5000 | Nikkor Glass | SB600's | RF602's | CS5/LR3
  • Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    Just got mine. Very nice. Thanks SM!
  • Options
    WillCADWillCAD Registered Users Posts: 722 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    Sam wrote:
    I can't charge you anything for the strap. I just want to cover my out of pocket postage costs.

Once the great one :D blesses this I will get you address and send you the strap and let you know what my costs were. I don't have paypal or do I want it. Check, nearly worthless American script, camera gear, winning loto tickets, insider stock tips all accepted. :D

Sam

Geez, Sam, what did Paypal ever do to you? mwink.gif

But seriously, Paypal is actually a pretty useful method of transferring money online. Lots of larger retail merchants, including many photography vendors, are accepting it as payment these days, even B & H. But I find that it's most useful for two things:
    1) Accepting money from other folks for small stuff like camera straps
    2) Buying from smaller web vendors with whom I don't have a relationship and don't want to entrust with my CC info.
    What I said when I saw the Grand Canyon for the first time: "The wide ain't wide enough and the zoom don't zoom enough!"
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2010
    Sam wrote:
    Olga,

Sam
    Sure! Thanks Sam.
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2010
    WillCAD wrote:
    Geez, Sam, what did Paypal ever do to you? mwink.gif

But seriously, Paypal is actually a pretty useful method of transferring money online. Lots of larger retail merchants, including many photography vendors, are accepting it as payment these days, even B & H. But I find that it's most useful for two things:
    1) Accepting money from other folks for small stuff like camera straps
    2) Buying from smaller web vendors with whom I don't have a relationship and don't want to entrust with my CC info.

I had a paypal account at one time. I needed to contact them about something. I could not find a phone number and was led to believe there wasn't any phone I could use to speck to anyone there. I tried to e-mail my question but could not get an answer.

You want to trust your money to these guys. you are free to do so.

I only do business with one company that doesn't have a phone number. They do answer e-mails very quickly, I never feel like I am shouting into a digital void. I know where they live, they only have a glass door, rocks are nearby, the guard dog is toothless and the employees are sequestered in separate dark hidden caverns.

Sam
  • Options
    GadgetRickGadgetRick Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Sam wrote:
    I had a paypal account at one time. I needed to contact them about something. I could not find a phone number and was led to believe there wasn't any phone I could use to speck to anyone there. I tried to e-mail my question but could not get an answer.

You want to trust your money to these guys. you are free to do so.

I only do business with one company that doesn't have a phone number. They do answer e-mails very quickly, I never feel like I am shouting into a digital void. I know where they live, they only have a glass door, rocks are nearby, the guard dog is toothless and the employees are sequestered in separate dark hidden caverns.

Sam
    They do have customer service and a phone number, however, it is a PITA to find. There are many reasons not to use PayPal but, for me, too many other reasons to use it. I don't tend to keep much money in it unless I know I'm buying something though.