Options

Artistic SP and nudes

angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
edited April 23, 2010 in Go Figure
Okay, after pondering this for quite some time, I decided it was "okay" for me to post these.

I enjoyed blending these and felt it improved the overall photos~

How about you. Likes, Dislikes DO the photos speak for themselves or do they need more work?

Cheers, and thanks in advance~

Memory
722931631_8ex6A-M.jpg

In the Heart of Men~
722919688_BodTU-M.jpg

To Dream a Dream~
723397759_zUhu5-M.jpg

la~
tom wise

Comments

• Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    393 views and no comments

....come, come people...

Have no fear, Expressive criticism can be useful~
    tom wise
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    one and three are my favorites out of this set. I guess I don't really 'get' two?

#1 thumb.gif I like the softness in it, it seems to match the title and what you are trying to express.

#2 The 'heart' reference doesn't make sense to, especially if she is portrayed over most of your body. Also, the vertical dark line on your right lower leg seems a bit out of place.

for both #1 and #2, I think I know what you are trying to say/show, but I think the you with the dagger (?) could also be interpreted as fighter her off instead of fighting for her.

#3 iloveyou.gif really nice that you two are looking eachother in the eyes and both of you holding her necklace thumb.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    Tom,
    I was witholding my opinion, but since you insist...
    1) like the idea, but don't like the part that peeping trrough. She may be she gost, but he's not.
    2) It's a digital mess, sorry.
    3) Could be good, but light patterns in the two sources are in a total disarray - which should be your primary concern when creating composites. I'm not saying they should be identical (I myself use variant light sources when I blend), but the final result should be believable - which this one , undortunately, is not :-(
    HTH
    Nikolai
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    Nikolai wrote:
    Tom,
    I was witholding my opinion, but since you insist...
    1) like the idea, but don't like the part that peeping trrough. She may be she gost, but he's not.
    2) It's a digital mess, sorry.
    3) Could be good, but light patterns in the two sources are in a total disarray - which should be your primary concern when creating composites. I'm not saying they should be identical (I myself use variant light sources when I blend), but the final result should be believable - which this one , undortunately, is not :-(
    HTH
    Nikolai

Oh no! DO not withold!! I posted for honest critique, not to have everyone tell me all that is great with the world!! Opinions count...and I value most of everyone I see post 'round here! I posted differnt stuff, because I get so very bored with the same old...if you know what I mean~ So fire away: PLEASE Nik!

1. Was meant to refer to her thinking of him only.

2. The digital mess...yeah, well...what can I say to that. 1 part true. 2 parts maybe. I was just exporing ideas here truthfully.

3. Not certain if you mean the he and the her seem to have differing light sources and should have similar...but to me at least, since he appears to be riding in out of the ethers...why does that matter? So question...why does it matter??

Thanks for taking the time....holding back is no way to practice safe art:D
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    ivar wrote:
    one and three are my favorites out of this set. I guess I don't really 'get' two?

#1 thumb.gif I like the softness in it, it seems to match the title and what you are trying to express.

#2 The 'heart' reference doesn't make sense to, especially if she is portrayed over most of your body. Also, the vertical dark line on your right lower leg seems a bit out of place.

for both #1 and #2, I think I know what you are trying to say/show, but I think the you with the dagger (?) could also be interpreted as fighter her off instead of fighting for her.

#3 iloveyou.gif really nice that you two are looking eachother in the eyes and both of you holding her necklace thumb.gif

Ivar...Thanks so very much for stopping by and being so thorough.

#2 Seems to be the decidedly messy one...so I'll take all the critiques I can get and think about it all when composing next go round!

I am here by a large for arts sake...and when doing the comps, that is what was intended, to just create. It is not at all easy to place this 52 y/o body out there for everyone (or no one) to critique....esp. when no one will! I'm not sure I could ever go Maplethorpe, but his work is inspiring~ Being a Registered Nurse, I deal with nakedness all the time...Men/Women; All! I find it just such a natural condition...so it is often hard to come to the public with such potentially judgmental artworks~ Having Solid critiques aids me in my trepidation! It would be very difficult to insult my old A__!:D

So thank you so very much!

cheers,
    tom wise
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    angevin1 wrote:
    Oh no! DO not withold!! I posted for honest critique, not to have everyone tell me all that is great with the world!! Opinions count...and I value most of everyone I see post 'round here! I posted differnt stuff, because I get so very bored with the same old...if you know what I mean~ So fire away: PLEASE Nik!

1. Was meant to refer to her thinking of him only.

2. The digital mess...yeah, well...what can I say to that. 1 part true. 2 parts maybe. I was just exporing ideas here truthfully.

3. Not certain if you mean the he and the her seem to have differing light sources and should have similar...but to me at least, since he appears to be riding in out of the ethers...why does that matter? So question...why does it matter??

Thanks for taking the time....holding back is no way to practice safe art:D

Re#3
    I believe the idea of the image is that the Knight in Shining Armour (ok, semi-nekkid:-) is appearing out of the thin air. While I'm on board with the idea (and event color vs BW treatment - ok, she daydreams in BW:-) the totally unmatching light patterns make it, well, a poorly executed composite as opposed to a cohesive fantasy image. :cry
    Once again, I'm not saying the light in all sources should be identical. But at least it shouldn't clash. Unfortunately, yours do. ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    Nikolai wrote:
    Re#3
    I believe the idea of the image is that the Knight in Shining Armour (ok, semi-nekkid:-) is appearing out of the thin air. While I'm on board with the idea (and event color vs BW treatment - ok, she daydreams in BW:-) the totally unmatching light patterns make it, well, a poorly executed composite as opposed to a cohesive fantasy image. :cry
    Once again, I'm not saying the light in all sources should be identical. But at least it shouldn't clash. Unfortunately, yours do. ne_nau.gif

I will take that seriously into consideration and look into it! Thanks again for taking the time!!thumb.gif
    tom wise