Bay Photo Metal Wowness

NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited April 26, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just ordered myself a 10x20 metal print of the image I took below. I've never ordered a metal print before and knew it would probably be pretty cool for this one but I had no idea it would be THAT cool.

As usual, Bay Photo had it packaged up like a vault and the quality is astounding. I've since showed a few people by letting them hold it and have already had a few sales and more interest as a result. I'm now trying to think of the best way to better market the metal prints because just "telling" people about them doesn't compare to seeing/holding one. Anyway.....great job Bay Photo. :D

840219556_w5rMW-L.jpg

Comments

• WaterfallRichWaterfallRich Registered Users Posts: 223 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Excellent shot! I'll bet it looks fantastic as a metal print. I'm in the same boat as you as how to best market the product. Words just don't do them justice. I've tried taking shots of the ones I've ordered, but they really don't do it either. Maybe it's the photographer headscratch.gif

I get a lot of WOW! comments when I show them around and have sold some of the samples I had ordered for myself. Someone else wanted 2 others from my galleries, but they wanted the satin finish so I had to order them directly from Bay.
  • takeflightphototakeflightphoto Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2010
    Excellent shot! I'll bet it looks fantastic as a metal print. I'm in the same boat as you as how to best market the product. Words just don't do them justice. I've tried taking shots of the ones I've ordered, but they really don't do it either. Maybe it's the photographer headscratch.gif

I get a lot of WOW! comments when I show them around and have sold some of the samples I had ordered for myself. Someone else wanted 2 others from my galleries, but they wanted the satin finish so I had to order them directly from Bay.

You can order a sample set on BayROES. Three 4x6 Metal Prints in the three different finishes. You can have each one done with a different corner cut. Use one of your most colorful photos and do them all the same image. That way your customer can really compare the different finishes objectively. And you don't have to pack around a full size MetalPrint to demo.
  • burntpixelburntpixel Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    I just ordered myself a 10x20 metal print of the image I took below. I've never ordered a metal print before and knew it would probably be pretty cool for this one but I had no idea it would be THAT cool.

As usual, Bay Photo had it packaged up like a vault and the quality is astounding. I've since showed a few people by letting them hold it and have already had a few sales and more interest as a result. I'm now trying to think of the best way to better market the metal prints because just "telling" people about them doesn't compare to seeing/holding one. Anyway.....great job Bay Photo. :D
    Texas stadium ? Very nice capture!
    I will have to echo this as well. I just received my 12" x 36" metal with floating hanger of the following.
    821999195_VftmT-L.jpg
  • NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    burntpixel wrote:
    Texas stadium ? Very nice capture!
    I will have to echo this as well. I just received my 12" x 36" metal with floating hanger of the following.

Thanks. Yep, Texas Stadium is no more. Cool tennis ball shot......mwink.gif
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010

I get my metal prints from Pounds Labs here in Texas and I agree, they are spectacular, and they are hard to describe and market. I don't want people to confuse it with a print on metallic paper. I have an 11x14 sample that I am going to start bringing to the track. One way I'm trying to justify the added expense is the fact you don't need a frame, and (for the car photography I do) if you hang it in the garage no worries about it getting dirty (you can clean it!).
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu