Options

#49 Paintguy input?

PaintguyPaintguy Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited May 4, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
Wanted to know if these pics are too obvious for the trained eye of a photographer. All taken with a +10 macro lens filter. Any input appreciated.

#1.
_DSC0048.JPG

#2.
_DSC0034.JPG

#3.
_DSC0030.jpg

Comments

• Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    #1 is some kind of metal tool. I'd like it to be a bit sharper.

I have no clue what #2 is. I don't find it to be compelling as a photo. ne_nau.gif

#3 looks like a plastic handle for a screwdriver.

Of the 3, I like #1 the best. thumb.gif

I think I'm going to struggle with this challenge. I don't have a macro lens and no budget to get one yet. I can do OK with close-ups with my camera, so I may try an extreme close up of a large object. Or I may try a low budget macro (aka magnifying glass).
  • Options
    edited April 22, 2010
    Thanks for the input. I added #2 as one that nobody will figure out. The other two are very common items that everyone has used. I would love to get them a little more in focus but I am limited to the quality of the macro filter on my 50mm. All 3 are cropped showing about 1centimeter of the actual item. I wonder if an extension tube would get better results or a real macro lens needs to be added to my list of needs. I find myself thinking: Does my daughter really need braces? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    frigidlightfrigidlight Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    #2 is teeth.
  • Options
    karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    #2 is teeth.

or the side of a plastic water bottle. :D
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    Shooting again in raw with a different lens to get a larger depth of field, but I will show a full picture of each item after this is over. You will be surprised.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    2nd attempt
    Ok... different lens & saved in raw.

Can you identify either and which do you prefer? Thanks.

Orange
    orange.jpg

Red
    red.jpg
  • Options
    TLVoDraTLVoDra Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    I know I've seen these objects somewhere...racking my brain to figure out what they are! I like the second image more than the first....maybe it's the pattern of the cogwheels. This is a tool? I used a pipe cutter the other day and it had an orange handle similar to this...no that can't be it. Hmmm. ne_nau.gif
    Tammy~
    "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun..." Mary Poppins
  • Options
    Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    I like the "Red" one in the newest set, but I would like to see a little more in focus, not the whole thing in focus, but just a little more.

I cant tell WTH it is eitherne_nau.gif

Tim
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    I would love to stack a few shots in PS to make it clear, but the old manual 70-210 n/ai lens I am using to get this close is so loose that when pointing down for these shots it will slowly slide the focus ring out to 210. Maybe I should try duct tape?

Thanks for the input thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Well.. I could not get a good capture of the gears that I liked.. even jury rigged a stacking set up to no avail, so we will see how the Orange does.
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2010
    Pics revealed. I know the potato bug was a stretch.
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    You have me on the lighter.
    I recognized the others.