Options

Two Extremely Important Race Cars

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited April 25, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
These cars were raced as contemporaries. Each one is considered by many to be the pinnacle achievement by the respective manufacturer. Each maker enjoyed a lot of success racing these cars. Most of the top racers of the day recorded victories in one or the other of these types and models. Each is a true Hall-Of-Fame car.

The first one here is a 1956 Maserati 300 S. It is generally perceived as perhaps the most beautiful race car ever built. It is without doubt the most coveted Maserati ever made. Bring a bag of gold if you want one of these.

845695194_7BZXE-XL.jpg

This one is a 1955 Jaguar D Type. It was instrumental in bringing back to Jaguar the glory and luster of racing days gone by. Steve McQueen drove one as a street car and terrorized the hills around Hollywood. It was said to be his favorite car of all.

845695334_TtMpf-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    Both are awesome race cars. Beautiful Maserati 300. thumb.gif
    My first car was a Red Triumph GT6 MkIII. :D Got a thing for red race cars.
    Michael
  • Options
    edited April 24, 2010
    Yo Michael,

I hear you brother. You leave a show like this and you feel like you've got " red " poisoning. That Maserati would just take your breath away.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Howdy Tom,

These two are Stunning, Really love that Red Maserati, and the Jag's have always been a favorite of mine, a couple of Buddies in my early days had Jags, they have that certain feel that you never forget.

Alias, my poor little 73' MGB was paled in Comparison but I loved it just the same, and wished I'd never let it go.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Hey Craig,

When I started driving ( 1957 ) my oldest brother offered to give me his car....a 1952 MG TD. I was never the mechanical wizard he was and, after witnessing all the trouble he had keeping that thing running right ( particularly the Lucas, Prince of Darkness, electrics ) I turned him down. I, instead, accepted my mother's gift....her 1955 Chevy Bel Air 2 dr. hardtop with the power-pack option. That's one I'd like to have back.

Take care,

Tom