Options

Hi - I am just wondering how i can photoshop my mate with a bald head??? :)

sparklitesparklite Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 26, 2010 in Finishing School
Hi guys

Massive favor to ask.....My mate wants to shave his head and i wanna let him know what he will look like... is someone able to please please help me photoshop a bald head on for me or direct me to a photoshop program i can use???

thankyouuuuuuu :)

Comments

• Options
    JohnBiggsJohnBiggs Registered Users Posts: 841 Major grins
    edited April 23, 2010
    might as well just copy his face onto a bald guy. Much easier.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    JohnBiggs wrote:
    might as well just copy his face onto a bald guy. Much easier.

okay - i forgot to mention i am completely photoshop illiterate... laymans terms?? lol sorry :) and thankyou
  • Options
    edited April 23, 2010
    I don't do this kind of thing so I can't help much but the easiest approach is to copy the face onto a bald guy in a similar pose. You can use most photo editing programs for this. If you don't have one, you can get The GIMP for free.

It's still not an easy thing to do, but thats the easiest approach.
    Canon Gear: 5D MkII, 30D, 85 1.2 L, 70-200 2.8 IS L, 17-40mm f4 L, 50 1.4, 580EX, 2x 580EXII, Canon 1.4x TC, 300 f4 IS L, 100mm 2.8 Macro, 100-400 IS L
    Other Gear: Olympus E-PL1, Pan 20 1.7, Fuji 3D Camera, Lensbaby 2.0, Tamron 28-75 2.8, Alien Bees lighting, CyberSyncs, Domke, HONL, FlipIt.
    ~ Gear Pictures
  • Options
    david-lowdavid-low Registered Users Posts: 752 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    If you are not familiar with photoshop, its not easy for you to start without reading at least the basic.

Here's his 21st century look. I know its not convincing enough but hope your friend like the new look.

846124372_SKxMf-M.jpg
  • Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2010
    It's not going to tell you anything because it's all in the shape of his scalp.

As the sneaker people say... Just do it.

Malte
  • Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    Hearyago:
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Hearyago:

wow - that is perfect!!!!!! :) thankyou soo much :):) he is never going to shave his head now bahahahaha what program do you use to do this?? i wanna do myself and my friend now.. thankyou again :):)
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    david-low wrote:
    If you are not familiar with photoshop, its not easy for you to start without reading at least the basic.

Here's his 21st century look. I know its not convincing enough but hope your friend like the new look.

846124372_SKxMf-M.jpg

thankyou so much.. it's amazing - it is mind boggling what computers can do these days.. what program did you use if you dont mind me asking?? :)
  • Options
    edited April 25, 2010
    Photoshop CS3 clone tool. But since you're nor familiar with PS, I'm not going into details. Its about 2 to 3 min job.

Pse post a pic of your friend if he does get rid of his hair. he he.
  • Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2010
    sparklite wrote:
    wow - that is perfect!!!!!! :) thankyou soo much :):) he is never going to shave his head now bahahahaha what program do you use to do this?? i wanna do myself and my friend now.. thankyou again :):)

First, you have to know a bit of anatomy in order to make a proper sized bald pate. Things like hair thickness, where the skull would be under the hair, ear size and location, etc.

Then, if you do not possess artistic painting skills and a decent graphics tablet to paint on, the easiest method is to go to your stock photos and find someone in a somewhat similar angled and lit pose, but who is bald.

Using PhotoShop, any version will do, cut out the bald head from your stock photo, adjust its skin tone to match the vict ... uh ... ummm ... model, and layer it on using judicious dabs of fuzzy brush blur and erase as well as some positioning (and perhaps some warping) to make it fit into the photo.

Clone the background to make it fit (remove hair, extend background, etc.) under the new pate.

It only takes a few minutes, but it is something you can build up to as you learn and "play" with your photo editing program. If you do not want to go the pro route, I strongly suggest PhotoShop Elements which would do all you need at a very reasonable price of well under $100 ... in fact, older versions often come with new scanners, tablets, or the occasional camera.
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2010
    Hi Sparklite,

Maybe your friend is undecided, so here is one mohawk he may considered. I think it really looks cool and macho. He can now call himself Mr. A.

847902309_Ym3o8-O.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 26, 2010
    Laughing.gif
    david-low wrote:
    Hi Sparklite,

Maybe your friend is undecided, so here is one mohawk he may considered. I think it really looks cool and macho. He can now call himself Mr. A.

847902309_Ym3o8-O.jpg
    ~ Gear Pictures