Options

Recent E-Shoot

mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited April 27, 2010 in Weddings
Still learning and rely on everyone's C&C to get better...please feel free!

848497043_qu2wN-M.jpg

848496174_gBQjR-M.jpg

848498098_i7HuN-M.jpg

848498559_ym5x8-M.jpg

848497782_T2Yxc-M.jpg

848495921_mSPAW-M.jpg

848495821_uMPfk-M.jpg

848498257_bGv3d-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    JayClark79JayClark79 Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2010
    I think you did a great job... I love 8! thumb.gif

My Site http://www.jayclarkphotography.com

Canon Rebel T1i | Canon 50mm 1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm 2.8 | Canon 75-300mm EF f 4.5 III | Opteka Grip | Canon 580exII | 2 Vivitar 383 Flash's and a home studio setup.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    They are pretty goood! :)

I really like #8.

#1, I don't like a straight on back of the head look, as he looks kinda static. You could have him kiss her on the neck as she gazes toward would create some energy.

#4, it looks like the sun is hitting the dude in the eyes.

#7, it's a bit centered, so next time just move it off a bit so it wouldn't be dead in the middle.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    I like #1 the best... her eyes are amazing! I would consider cropping it to verticle right in the middle of his head. That would put her eyes-the subjects- in the upper right corner instead of the center. But her eyes are gorgeous in that shot. Besides, there is something strange about the processing of his head... I am not sure what, but I would like to see less of it.
  • Options
    thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Great work. I really like #2 it is a classic shot. Love it. And #8 the composition is great. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2010
    I like #1 the best... her eyes are amazing! I would consider cropping it to verticle right in the middle of his head. That would put her eyes-the subjects- in the upper right corner instead of the center. But her eyes are gorgeous in that shot. Besides, there is something strange about the processing of his head... I am not sure what, but I would like to see less of it.

Yeah, I played with several different crops of that one and sort of settled on what you see above. I think I like your suggestion best though...what do you think? Is that what you had in mind? As far as his head goes...not really sure. I didn't really process it that much....a little exposure and of course I sharpened her eyes a bit.

849612429_Snm7m-M.jpg
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    I like this crop a bunch more, but would have perhaps left the top of her head. It is such a fun photo!
    I think I figured out what is what with the processing of his head. It is slightly over exposed, and so all the shadow details are flat. I realise you did that in order to do what you did with her eyes....
    Why not lasso him and set the black point?

Like this: Though it really brings out that dark place on his collar.... almost like you had burned it earlier. That could easily be finessed to be better with a little more PS time.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2010
    I like this crop a bunch more, but would have perhaps left the top of her head. It is such a fun photo!
    I think I figured out what is what with the processing of his head. It is slightly over exposed, and so all the shadow details are flat. I realise you did that in order to do what you did with her eyes....
    Why not lasso him and set the black point?

Like this: Though it really brings out that dark place on his collar.... almost like you had burned it earlier. That could easily be finessed to be better with a little more PS time.

yeah...good idea. I like it a lot better now. Thanks. I still have TONS to learn.
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    I'll echo what has been said already (I love the new crop!) and add a few things....

Generally speaking, don't run horizons through heads #1 & 2

In #2 it looks like the groom is posing for someone else's camera and you shouted at the bride to get her to look over.

Wait a minute for the boat to move in #3 or recompose. No boats coming out of heads.

In shots like #5, you probably want to keep the background consistent- the beige door (?) on the far right doesn't add to the photo. Move the groom in tighter and re shoot.

in #8 the couple blends in too much with the background. Lots of chaos back there and they just don't pop out (again things going through the head)
  • Options
    The_Fat_ZebraThe_Fat_Zebra Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Number one is a-m-a-z-i-n-g eek7.gif
    Street & Portrait because of the people. Landscape because it's pretty.
    Disappointed with AF of Tamron 28-75 2.8, me less happy.
  • Options
    Dooginfif20Dooginfif20 Registered Users Posts: 845 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010

totally agree here. I would crop it vertical closer so that it draws you straight to her eyes. I like your shots!