Options

marketing at the wedding...

tijosephtijoseph Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
edited April 28, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
I used to print off little wallet sized pictures of the engagement session before each wedding, with some general information about where guests could find the finished pictures online. I got away from this practice but was recently asked by a customer to produce something for her wedding.

I'm tired of the wallet prints, does anyone know of any snappy prints that can be produced?

What do some of you guys and gals use if anything out there?

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2010
    Take a look at Got Print: http://tinyurl.com/r9go3p .....they have having some great specials.....5000 b-cards un $40 or 5K 4x6 postcards under $40.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited April 28, 2010
    Art Scott wrote:
    Take a look at Got Print: http://tinyurl.com/r9go3p .....they have having some great specials.....5000 b-cards un $40 or 5K 4x6 postcards under $40.......

Man, they have got some great prices! I will use them in the future, but for such a small print job (there are only 75 guests to the wedding) printing 1,000 pieces is a bit overkill!

Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2010

Thanks for your link, these look perfect! I think they are a little pricey, especially for the business cards, but I'm going to give them a try. If they help drum up business then they were really worth it!
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    tijoseph wrote:
    Thanks for your link, these look perfect! I think they are a little pricey, especially for the business cards, but I'm going to give them a try. If they help drum up business then they were really worth it!

They so rock, worth every penny...I ussualy print a hundred of them up for each wedding, that features the Bride and Grooms engagement shot, with the backside giving the url to the Bride and Grooms Smugmug gallery....they have paid for themselves hundreds of times over.....
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Moo cards are fabulous!
    Agreed. Everyone loves them!
    They are so effective that I've done a couple of free engagement shoots for wedding clients just so I can make the Moo cards for their weddings- Don't worry about the $20 for 100 cards...you'll definitely see it in referrals and perhaps in print sales by getting your info into the hands of every guest at the wedding.

Just one lesson I learned the hard way: Ask your bride to choose a max of five or six favorite engagement shots. I told one bride to pick her favorites and she wanted forty different pictures on the moo cards! Took forever to crop and create each different card, and in the end, she ended up with 20 different images. So now I tell them to pick five or six max, and perhaps expect two or three to work after cropping...

My April 3rd wedding had them in a glass bowl under the engagement signing photo easel. They don't seem at all like an ad, which is what I personally like about them. They seem to be a little favor from the B&G to their guests.
  • Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2010
    Lol...
    smurfy wrote:
    Agreed. Everyone loves them!
    They are so effective that I've done a couple of free engagement shoots for wedding clients just so I can make the Moo cards for their weddings- Don't worry about the $20 for 100 cards...you'll definitely see it in referrals and perhaps in print sales by getting your info into the hands of every guest at the wedding.

Just one lesson I learned the hard way: Ask your bride to choose a max of five or six favorite engagement shots. I told one bride to pick her favorites and she wanted forty different pictures on the moo cards! Took forever to crop and create each different card, and in the end, she ended up with 20 different images. So now I tell them to pick five or six max, and perhaps expect two or three to work after cropping...

My April 3rd wedding had them in a glass bowl under the engagement signing photo easel. They don't seem at all like an ad, which is what I personally like about them. They seem to be a little favor from the B&G to their guests.

Laughing.gif.. I had the same issue with one session..we ended up with way too many! One thing I have learned though, take a look at the cropped sizes of the cards before you shoot, so you know what you are working with size wise on the finished cards...
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013