Options

Rocky Mountain National Park

thomasjmthomasjm Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited May 5, 2010 in Landscapes
MG_8587-small.jpg
Joe Thomas : Rocky Mountain National Park

I went up to Rocky Mountain National Park today. I got this shot during a break in the snow. Comments and critiques welcome.

http://josephthomas.org/2010/05/02/rocky-mountain-national-park/

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    Snow in May? I never would have guessed it was spring up there. Altitude does wonders. Great catch! lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2010
    Thanks for the comment. I think there is 6-12 inches still on the ground up there. I think spring is a little late. :)
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2010
    When I lived in Denver the mountains never failed to amaze me with how much snow would still exist, even sometimes up until June. There are good reasons for visiting the mountains in the summer months. :)
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Nice shot with the mountain snow.

I was there last June and there was still substantial snow on Trail Ridge Road. The road had just opened about 1 1/2 weeks before and there was light snow at the high elevations off and on.
  • Options
    astrostuastrostu Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2010
    Hmm. I was planning on going up there this weekend with the bf as a prep for my trip to Yellowstone at the end of next week. Is it still completely snowy?

Body: Canon 350D, Canon 7D
    Lenses: Canon 35mm f/1.4L, Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L, Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-4.5, Quantaray 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6, Quantaray 600-1000mm f/9.6-16
    Flashes: Canon 430EX, Canon 580EX II
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2010
    It isn't completely snowy. If you have some good hiking boots, I think you should be fine. I live pretty close, so I just went up in tennis shoes and the snow is too deep for that. But with hiking boots you should be fine.