Options

Photoshoot - part 3 (56K warning)

XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
edited July 27, 2005 in People
Which of these six best illustrates what I/we were going for, the INK, and why?

26117120-L.jpg

26117237-L.jpg

26117334-L.jpg

26117353-L.jpg

26117374-L.jpg

26117447-L.jpg

Personally I am somewhat leaning towards #6.

Thanks in advance for your time.

XO,
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com

Comments

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    XO, please take this as simply an amatuer's opinion, as that is where it is coming from.
    In the first I am drawn to the curve of her hip, not the ink. I think it is a combination of the angle - ink moving away from the camera, and the framing of all of her by her shoes and hair. I do not think this is less so in the duotone.
    26117120-L.jpg

26117237-L.jpg

This one brings more attention to the ink, but perhaps leaves too much space at the top.
    26117334-L.jpg

I love the high key quality of this one, but that draws more attention to the really dark elements again her hair and shoes.
    26117353-L.jpg

For me, this is it. The ink is framed by the shawl and consequently that is where my eye goes. I suspect that her pose/position (head down, arm tighter to body) helps draw the eye to her back. And if what you want the ink to be the subject, then my preferrence is color.
    26117374-L.jpg

26117447-L.jpg

ann
  • Options
    DeeLibDeeLib Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    I like #5 because of the color and because I like the mystery of not seeing her face. BUT you should try to get the creases out of her back...it was the first thing my eyes went to for some reason. Plus she'll appreciate it! (I know that from experience)
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2005
    none of the bws do it for me.
    i'd also go for a half-body shot, so that the *ink* is what's featured moreso than the full body.

cheers
  • Options
    edited July 25, 2005
    andy wrote:
    none of the bws do it for me.
    i'd also go for a half-body shot, so that the *ink* is what's featured moreso than the full body.

cheers
    With Andy being moderator and all, I better comply.

26112204-L.jpg

26109252-L.jpg

26109082-L.jpg

TIA

XO,
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 25, 2005
    XO,

Ohhhhhhhh I like #8 and #9 thumb.gifthumb.gif

I sort of agree with Ann that the first ones, looked to me to be nice pics of a shapely woman who also happens to have a tattoo. Too much body and not enough ink. I also agree with Andy, that when you have such a colorful tattoo, it would be a shame not to make use of those colors in the finished product ne_nau.gif

#8 is extremely classy. Love the long black skirt thumb.gifthumb.gif #9 shows the tattoo best (in all it's colorful glory) and I like the coy pose. It adds to the shot and doesn't distract, IMHO. Almost like she's saying "hey look this beautiful artwork on my back".

Good work XO clap.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Thiago SigristThiago Sigrist Registered Users Posts: 336 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    XO,

I sort of agree with Ann that the first ones, looked to me to be nice pics of a shapely woman who also happens to have a tattoo. Too much body and not enough ink. I also agree with Andy, that when you have such a colorful tattoo, it would be a shame not to make use of those colors in the finished product ne_nau.gif

#8 is extremely classy. Love the long black skirt thumb.gifthumb.gif #9 shows the tattoo best (in all it's colorful glory) and I like the coy pose. It adds to the shot and doesn't distract, IMHO. Almost like she's saying "hey look this beautiful artwork on my back".

Good work XO clap.gif

Steve
    15524779-Ti.gif 100% with Steve! #8 and #9 look extremely impressive to me, especially #8, it's pure class!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
  • Options
    adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2005
    amateur critique
    8 & 9 are good (you can clone out the shoe marks on the floor)
    but my fav is 4.

I think she should have another prop though. She looks like she needs a book or to be studying the tassles.
    The shoes are too heavy, although I think she needs shoes to balance her dark hair.
    B&W is a no no - you should be highlighting the tattoo's colour.
    26117374-L.jpg
    XO-Studios wrote:
    With Andy being moderator and all, I better comply.

26109252-L.jpg

26109082-L.jpg

TIA

XO,
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    Ann McRae wrote:
    XO, please take this as simply an amatuer's opinion, as that is where it is coming from.
    ann
    Thanks for the great insight Ann, I learned a lot from it.

XO,
    Mark Twain

• Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    XO,

Good work XO clap.gif

Steve
    Thanks Steve, appreciate the feedback.
    Mark Twain

• Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif 100% with Steve! #8 and #9 look extremely impressive to me, especially #8, it's pure class!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care!

-- thiago
    Thiago,

Thanks for the nice comments, looking at your work, that means something.

XO,

ps. same goes for Ann, Andy and Steve. (hate it when I dig myself a hole like that)
    Mark Twain

• Options
    edited July 26, 2005
    adrian_k wrote:
    8 & 9 are good (you can clone out the shoe marks on the floor)
    but my fav is 4.

I think she should have another prop though. She looks like she needs a book or to be studying the tassles.
    The shoes are too heavy, although I think she needs shoes to balance her dark hair.
    B&W is a no no - you should be highlighting the tattoo's colour.
    Thanks Adrian, I figured BW would be a no-no, however the subject is partial to BW and partially lighted portraits/poses.

I will give extra props some thought.

XO,
    Mark Twain

• Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 27, 2005